HP ZV5120US Laptop memory?

I currently have a ZV5120US laptop that has 512 in it right now but the specs from HP site says it goes only to 1.5G cause one of the bank is located under the keyboard. I saw this when I took apart the laptop to dust and clean the laptop. HP site said since one bank was inaccessible-what a joke-that only one bank could be expanded to 1G ram thus making it 1.5G Ram. My take on this is they must be joking right?? Cause I could clearly see the second ram was the same as the ram on from the under side of the laptop. So my belief and thinking is just swap both of them out for 1G each making it 2G RAM. Right??? It’s says the RAM is DDR333 PC2700…specs…I found it one Newegg and it wasn’t all that expensive from being laptop RAM. So should I go ahead and buy 2G instead of just buying a 1G stick??? I am half tempted to just buy 2 sticks of for a 2G expansion. And heck to HP site they just don’t know what they are talking about. And yes I followed the HP site on a complete take down right up to the CPU which I left alone only cleaning the heat sinks and fans…and then put everything back together and yahoooo it works like charm and runs way cooler with all the dust bunnies cleaned out…

Just make sure you get the laptop version of the memory and not the desktop, so you want SODIMM’s. Yeah, I think your right two 1GB sticks should work fine.

Good that you cleaned the system out. Another step would have been to replace the TIM with AS5 or whatever.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2284195]Just make sure you get the laptop version of the memory and not the desktop, so you want SODIMM’s. Yeah, I think your right two 1GB sticks should work fine.

Good that you cleaned the system out. Another step would have been to replace the TIM with AS5 or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know it’s the laptop memory I found. But do you know of anyone who has updated to 2G RAM??? I just think HP wrote that cause they didn’t want people to open up the laptop. But after reading the takedown it’s pretty explianitory.