HP update broke my drive

vbimport

Hey I cannot find any useable help for my exact problem. about a week ago my computer did an automatic update using HP Update, it said the update was for my Optiarc DVD RW AD 7201S firmware. Since this update I have not been able to use my drive at all, it will not even open. The only thing it does is flash its light on the front of the computer non stop. When I go into my computer and right click on the drive and select eject, an error comes up saying “an error occured while ejecting CD drive (E)” How can I fix this? and I dont remember if the drive letter was changed, I guess I never paid any attention to what it was before.
Thanks for any help on this issue

Use your restore point to go back to the day before the update

Hi,[QUOTE=tshinji;2468328] about a week ago my computer did an automatic update using HP Update, it said the [B]update was for[/B] my Optiarc DVD RW AD 7201S [B]firmware[/B]. Since this update I have not been able to use my drive at all, it will not even open.(…)[/QUOTE]is your computer still covered by warranty? If so, then contact HP support to have them fixed what they broke.

[QUOTE=bean55;2468330]Use your restore point to go back to the day before the update[/QUOTE]I seriously doubt, a restore point will recover a drive from a bad firmware.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2468467]
I seriously doubt, a restore point will recover a drive from a bad firmware.

Michael[/QUOTE]

True

If it was an actual firmware update, if it was only a driver update then it might help.
I thought that even with HP downloads it would ask more of the user before flashing a drive.

Yeah it was a bad upgrade and the drive is toast, it happens if you have a disc in the drive or the power goes out while updating.
If it’s under warranty then contact HP, if not then buy an external writer.

cool, thanks guys.
I will contact them right away to find a solution.