HP to market netbooks for young students

vbimport

HP to market netbooks for young students.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/06/GKZYWJ.jpg[/newsimage]Hewlett-Packard recently announced a new affordable netbook designed for students to have a sufficient, durable device to be used for learning.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/hp-to-market-netbooks-for-young-students-31194/](http://www.myce.com/news/hp-to-market-netbooks-for-young-students-31194/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The new Mini 100e Education Edition is expected to be $300 or less when released, and this could be the first of several similar products from HP.

How can 300 or less be any good compared to regular laptop prices. Sure durability but then again kids can wait til their older to use laptop. My concern is we’ve gone way to far computerized - forgetting the books and literature should be stressed more at the younger age first.

our school is trialling Toshiba nb 300 netbooks but are breaking at hinges already in term 2 if thees computers have a decent speed they might replace our ones now

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2527386]My concern is we’ve gone way to far computerized - forgetting the books and literature should be stressed more at the younger age first.[/QUOTE]I agree. :iagree:
Additionally, the ergonomy of a netbook with its small keyboard and 10" 1024x600 low-res screen is lousy compared to books.

This is simply another way to sell more hardware. It might fail after the warranty expired (and it will fail due to the stress), so they can sell even more.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2527701]I agree. :iagree:
Additionally, the ergonomy of a netbook with its small keyboard and 10" 1024x600 low-res screen is lousy compared to books.

This is simply another way to sell more hardware. It might fail after the warranty expired (and it will fail due to the stress), so they can sell even more.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately your second reply is to far true now days… :doh:

Kids under 16 can’t even take care of a $10 calculator what will they do with a $300 netbook?

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2527761]Kids under 16 can’t even take care of a $10 calculator what will they do with a $300 netbook?[/QUOTE]

Play Frisbee with it :smiley:

Will make a nice door stop in 6 months :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2527761]Kids under 16 can’t even take care of a $10 calculator what will they do with a $300 netbook?[/QUOTE]

I think it would be more like kids under 11 as i am 14 and own a netbook as well as many other expensive electronics.:stuck_out_tongue:

Although there are only a few people that are really good with technology,
if they know how to use it and are good with using it, its usualy safe… (unless there really angry :a).

Besides, if they get a laptop, the more expensive it is the beter its looked after
(from fear of there parents grounding them ;)).

[QUOTE=astro boy;2527845]I think it would be more like kids under 11 as i am 14 and own a netbook as well as many other expensive electronics.:stuck_out_tongue:

Although there are only a few people that are really good with technology,
if they know how to use it and are good with using it, its usualy safe… (unless there really angry :a).

Besides, if they get a laptop, the more expensive it is the beter its looked after
(from fear of there parents grounding them ;)).[/QUOTE]

Kids will break it even with threat of grounding…after the fact…if they can break it they will break they will break it… :iagree: Grade schooler shouldn’t even be started on netbooks first they should learn to read and write and comprehend then when they can show they are well informed of their consequences then go with the netbooks…