HP Pavillion dv6760: having problems playing a certain DVD

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD630e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Actually my DVD/CD = TSST Corp TS-L632N which I have failed to trace in the above drop down window.
:bow::sad:several dvd & cd discs all play well. But now i’ve got a new DVD ‘Knight Rider’ which when inserted makes the drive motor whirr & speed up & down for 3mins only to yield a pop up window prompting ‘pls insert disc in tray’. Why does the drive refuse to read the presence of the disc in my HP laptop when the same dvd plays OK in a MacBook laptop & in the home PIoneer Player??? Can anybody suggest a cure??

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Probably the disc is defective. Go to the store and ask for a replacement disc :slight_smile:

Do other discs play well in the Pavillion?
If not, then I am afraid Geno is right

[QUOTE=geno888;2119080]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Probably the disc is defective. Go to the store and ask for a replacement disc :)[/QUOTE]

I intend to go to the store to try my DVD disc into an other Pavillion to see whether it plays or is not detected as happens in mine.
At this stage since it plays OK in the MacBook I feel that a MacBook must be a better machine. Do I have to accept the comment from the HP International support, “It must be a compatibility issue & nothing further can be done!” The least I would have expected that a replacement dvd drive ought to have been offerred.:cop:
So for now I 'll wait till I can visit the local distributor for his comments!!
Thanks for your support & welcoming me to the forum, Sir.

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;2119110]Do other discs play well in the Pavillion?
If not, then I am afraid Geno is right[/QUOTE]

Yes all other DVDs & CDs play right in the Pavillion as I’ve just explained to Geno, & I appreciate your interest. I will update the forum after I have spoken to the local Supplier probably next Monday.:cop:

Often laptops have rather picky drives, that are not able to read some discs for some reason. Even a minuscule defect on the disc make the drive refuse to read it.

Maybe a solution can be to update the drive firmware, if a newer one is available at HP support :slight_smile: