HP Pavillion dv6: Is it possible to Install Windows vista sp1 from standalone ISO file

vbimport

Hi All

I have HP pavillion DV6-1256tx laptop having windows vista sp1 32 bits.
I am not able to recover my window from recovery disks/partition. Its giving CTOERROR.flg.
Both recovery disks and recovery partition are failing to install it.

So, i thought of installing it by creating bootable dvd/cd from standalone iso file for vista sp1.
Need to know is it possible to install fresh windows vista sp1 like this.

Please help

Check this out, it should work if you have your key.

http://heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/57-windows-vista-direct-download-links?highlight=YToxOntpOjA7czo1OiJ2aXN0YSI7fQ==

[QUOTE=harry973;2639195]Hi All

I have HP pavillion DV6-1256tx laptop having windows vista sp1 32 bits.
I am not able to recover my window from recovery disks/partition. Its giving CTOERROR.flg.
Both recovery disks and recovery partition are failing to install it.

So, i thought of installing it by creating bootable dvd/cd from standalone iso file for vista sp1.
Need to know is it possible to install fresh windows vista sp1 like this.

Please help[/QUOTE]

Was that Vista x86 sp1 which O/S version and was it sp1 factory or did you update it to sp1 vista? Not knowing which version you have will make it harder to fix since there were different O/S version and if you download the wrong version or a sp1 version and you don’t have the registration for it that won’t fix your problem. You best choice would try to reorder the recover cd/dvd first and then if you want to go to windows 7 buy a retail O/S version and do your own custom installation to have the latest 7 version. But not knowing which version of vista x86 sp1 or not will be hard to give more help with…

[QUOTE=bean55;2639200]Check this out, it should work if you have your key.

http://heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/57-windows-vista-direct-download-links?highlight=YToxOntpOjA7czo1OiJ2aXN0YSI7fQ==[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply,
I will try that.
where can i find product key.Is it available at bottom of laptop.?
How will the Hp drivers be installed?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2639209]Was that Vista x86 sp1 which O/S version and was it sp1 factory or did you update it to sp1 vista? Not knowing which version you have will make it harder to fix since there were different O/S version and if you download the wrong version or a sp1 version and you don’t have the registration for it that won’t fix your problem. You best choice would try to reorder the recover cd/dvd first and then if you want to go to windows 7 buy a retail O/S version and do your own custom installation to have the latest 7 version. But not knowing which version of vista x86 sp1 or not will be hard to give more help with…[/QUOTE]

Its vista x86 SP1(32 Bit) windows vista home premium SP1 (factory one).

[QUOTE=harry973;2639386]
where can i find product key.Is it available at bottom of laptop.?[/quote]Yes.

How will the Hp drivers be installed?
You will have to install them manually. The drivers are usually avalable from HP website. Download them, put them onto an USB stick and install according to the instructions on HP website.
Please note, that not all software your computer came with, can be reinstalled that way since some stuff is only included in the factory restore image and is not available as separate download.

Michael

[QUOTE=bean55;2639200]Check this out, it should work if you have your key.

http://heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/57-windows-vista-direct-download-links?highlight=YToxOntpOjA7czo1OiJ2aXN0YSI7fQ==[/QUOTE]

Do they have download for Windows XP with SP3?

I have many copy of XP with only RTM and no SP. If I could get full, legal and legitimate from factory SP3 image from the start it would ease installation.

Thank you

[QUOTE=SubZero;2639514]Do they have download for Windows XP with SP3?

I have many copy of XP with only RTM and no SP. If I could get full, legal and legitimate from factory SP3 image from the start it would ease installation.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Hi

Try this link…

[QUOTE=SubZero;2639514]Do they have download for Windows XP with SP3?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Not that I am aware of yet, I will look around.
Sorry for late reply, just got back in town.

You can use you older versions and include the wsusoffline updates, simple as is.

[QUOTE=harry973;2639387]Its vista x86 SP1(32 Bit) windows vista home premium SP1 (factory one).[/QUOTE]

Little confusion here so you downloaded the vistax86sp1 version and you have the vista preminum home sp1 x86 as well or no? So was your factory computer sp1 or no??