HP G60-530US xp 32 bit installation

vbimport

Hi,

I have bought HP G60-530US laptop which has a 64bit windows7 home premiun preinstalled but i have my apps in 32-bit…

Can i install windows xp 32 bit on this 64 bit laptop.
If yes where can i get xp drivers.

Your suggestions will be greatly appretiated !!!

Go to the HP website. Find the Forums for Laptops. You will see that there are several people there (Cheryl is one of them) who can guide you to the correct combination of drivers. Good luck-and be sure to[B] BACK UP[/B] your current installation [B]completely[/B]

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

[QUOTE=johnnyxtc;2478864]Hi,

I have bought HP G60-530US laptop which has a 64bit windows7 home premiun preinstalled but i have my apps in 32-bit…

Can i install windows xp 32 bit on this 64 bit laptop.
If yes where can i get xp drivers.

Your suggestions will be greatly appretiated !!![/QUOTE]

What do you means your apps? Can you be more clear as to what apps your referring to? X64 will run and install apps perfectly fine and run them without any problems. I have x64 ultimate and have both 64 and x86 apps installed and run them without any problems. I know I read where people had to use the xp mode virtualization but I never had to use that to make my programs work. You should make look at your apps and see if the software comes in x64 and get that and install that instead of going back to xp. This version of win7x64 ultimate from my 3 months using it shows it more stable and way better then vista and xp since it’s coming out. It has a hybrid of both xp and vista together but works alot better. If you looking for drivers don’t be going 32 stay with your x64 drivers from hp for your laptop as before this version is better support then vista. So rather then hangstrung yourself stay with the current x64 O/S on your laptop and get the most recent drivers and firmware BIOS and cd/dvd firmware and updates those and you will have a better computing experience and also a big plus is Win7 is better a power management which in the long run will save on your laptop battery. I should know it does default power save on my desktop and you will barely notice it was on expect for the power light indicating the computer was still on that how quiet it was I thought it died but was in power save mode.

Well i had probs installing Autocad 2010 32 bit .