HP finally Release updated Lightscribe Host software for LS DVD disks

vbimport

Looks like HP finnaly caught up with the latest hicup with Lightsribe .

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=455746&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=dv-30855-1

The reason for the release according to HP
Contains write strategy updates to the LightScribe print engine

But it was reported on the CD Freaks forums that Verbaitum Lightscribe DVD Disks where not being recognised by Nero .

Now HP if your reading this give us that lightscribe speed upgrade and for gods sake reduce the price of the DVD media @ $1.50 a disk not many are going to bother adopting this new technology .

If you look at the picture below does it mean that I have version 1.0.22.1 which is newer than the 1.0.21.1 HP version?

Knowing HP they probably messed it up again .

the surething LS Host updates it to 1.0.22.1…newer than the HP one…and it was released in Feb 2005…what have you been doing HP…

Heres the response I got back from HP from one thier Engineers

Hello Matt,

For HP aftermarket dvd640i and dvd640e software applications,

version 1.0.21.1 LightScribe print engine is the latest. For Nero 6.6
application, 1.0.22.1 is the latest.

Thank You,

Kerwyn L. Ballinger
Hewlett-Packard Company
Optical Storage Solutions Business
Current Product Engineer

So use the surething LS Host updates.

Kerwyn emailed me back and it looks like the Nero Updates where not apporved by HP .Seeing that HP controlls the Lightscribe specification it looks like Kerwyn isnt too happy about it either .I also asked him if HP had rolled back a version becuse Surething is shipping 1.0.22.1 also .Anymore Questions you want me to ask him .

Hello Matt,

I am working on resolving these inconsistencies.  All I can tell you at this point is that my version is the latest "approved" version for the applications and hardware I currently ship and that I have NEVER rolled back my update.  I have asked my engineering team for an explanation for the Nero version (what is different).   

Thank You,

Kerwyn L. Ballinger
Hewlett-Packard Company
Optical Storage Solutions Business
Current Product Engineer

can anyone send me the driver for my hp dvd640v? i got it referb and it came w/o disk. can’t find driver anywhere. thanks
(btw i’m new here)

www.lightscribe.com has everything you need. Check out the downloads section.