HP DVD1040i (new Lightscribe drive)

Has anyone seen or used the new UK release of the HP DVD1040i Drive?

I am looking to purchase a lightscribe dvd drive, and wondered what your thoughts are on this?

Looking at the manual on the HP webite it almost looks like it is High definition compatible? Supports high res video!

HP DVD1040i Manual

Do you think i should get it to go with my HP pavillion desktop pc a1210.uk?

Your thoughts would be welcomed

Ive done some research and although i can;t verify it, i have think they are using the[B] LG GSA-H55L[/B] drive and puting HP name on the packet… might be the case as the relationship with LG and HP…

Can anyone verify this?

I am looking for the best Lightscribe dvd burner if anyone can help me choose one?

Just installed the drive on Sat., Burn DVD+R DL disc with errors that don’t show up in a verify pass, nor in the DVDINFOPRO crc check. Play the disc and you will see problem in the playback. I can not seem to make the drive set the bit-code to DVD-ROM.

I am thinking about returning the drive.

[quote=cshimada;2215192]Just installed the drive on Sat., Burn DVD+R DL disc with errors that don’t show up in a verify pass, nor in the DVDINFOPRO crc check. Play the disc and you will see problem in the playback. I can not seem to make the drive set the bit-code to DVD-ROM.

I am thinking about returning the drive.[/quote]

What brand dual layer media were you using?