HP dvd 940i stopped reading drives after froze during burning process (HP DVD940i)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD940i. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I recently was burning a DVD+R DL disk on my hp dvd 940i drive and it froze up about 1/2 way through the process. the led light stayed on so i had to abort the burn process. I then rebooted my PC and now my drive doesn’t reconize any dvd’s at all. When I put the disc into the drive it spools over and over but never fully reads the drive and evenutally just fails. Also the drive in my computer is now listed as a DVD RW drive rather than a DVD Drive.

How can I correct the issue? Please spare me no details on the fix…if there is one. Also would simply updating the firmware to a different version fix that issue?

Thanks in advance…

Crossposting (asking the same question in different threads) is against our Forum Rules please read the rules again before posting next time.

Link to your other thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f36/hp-dvd-940i-stopped-reading-discs-after-froze-during-burning-process-257047/

Thread closed.