Hp DVD 630i want to burn at 1x

vbimport

Is there any way to burn at 1x using this burner? I tried with Nero,roxio, and recordnow max but it won’t let me select anything but 4x.(clone dvd let me select 1x but I’m not sure if it burned at 1 x or not) I got a whole stack of crappy dvd-r and I’m hoping this will help it be useful. So far this media sucks. IT’s “Great Quality” from frys which I had some luck with in the past but these are printable(got a new printer) and a different manufacturer.
See below for dvd info. I have not had success with a ps2 backup and I had 1 movie backup work and one fail. ON another note can anyone tell me a good price on some good inkjet printable dvd-r? White or silver top? Thanks

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:SKC Co.,Ltd.]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [SKC Co. Ltd.]
Manufacturer ID : [SKC Co.,Ltd.]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x]
[6x And Higher Might Not Always Be Detectable]

See the FAQ:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=118794#media-pif_slow

Dump the media and never buy “Great Quality” again as it’s a crap brand notorious for selling… crap. Other crap brands include “Sonic”, “High Quality”, “Great AZO”, and a number of others.

Yes but it was all they had(printable) at frys and I was itching to try out my new printer on some printable dvds. Guess I’m out 30 bucks due to my impatience.