HP dvd 1260i burner problem

vbimport

Having a problem with a HP dvd 1260i burner, getting an error message " An error has occurred during playback." This is the 2nd device that has given me that message, I took the 1st one back on advice from HP Tech support. Any suggestions as to why it can’t playback. Hooked up correctly using a jumper recommended by HP:(

Hi and Welcome!

this could also be simply a problem of either your (secret) playback software or the media you are using. Could you please give us some more detailled information?

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2546650]Hi and Welcome!

this could also be simply a problem of either your (secret) playback software or the media you are using. Could you please give us some more detailled information?

Michael[/QUOTE]

Hello Michael,

Using Microsoft Windows XP and no software other than Nero was supplied for the burner. Used a litetrek jumper for the connect from sata to pata. Reintalled the old cd/dvd writer and it works, just can’t get the HP dvd1260i writer to function properly.

Putney

[QUOTE=Putney;2546912]Used a litetrek jumper for the connect from sata to pata.[/QUOTE]
Chances are that this adapter is not compatible with your optical drive or maybe even incompatible with all optical drives.