Hp dvd-1040I

hey guys i went and bought a hp-1040 I. i have had a few bad disc so far. but didnt know if anyone had good luck with a certain type of media with this burner. i used to have a nec1300 but i guess i just burn it to the end. wont work no more . i have been using memorex dvd+r. let me know if you have good luck with a certain type of media with this burner. thanks

I also have the hp dvd 1040i and was wondering what disc burn well with it . I just put it in to replace my hp dvd 640i which worked flawlessly until it died . The disc i have tried on it are SONY DVD+R 16x and Taiyo Yuden Shiny Silver Thermal 8X DVD+R , It burns both but the playback is better with the Sony Disc, the Taiyo Yuden discs break up during playback all of them , They NEVER did this after burns with the hp 640i .

Memorex, skip that media!

Honestly, get Verbatims and your problems should be gone.

Hey i would suggest NOT VERBATIM I HAD BOUGHT DVD-R VERBATIMS AND the drive wouldn’t read them, Since then I tried Memorex DVD-R only gave me 3 bad discs out of 20.

Just started using TDK’s DVD+R blanks and these blanks have came out faulty only used like about 15 and already 5 bad discs.

I AM NOT SURE WHY THIS DRIVE WON’T REad Verbatims but have experienced it. now i have a 50 pack full of verbatims blanks sitting around.

[QUOTE=DvdGuy1;2240076]Hey i would suggest NOT VERBATIM I HAD BOUGHT DVD-R VERBATIMS AND the drive wouldn’t read them, Since then I tried Memorex DVD-R only gave me 3 bad discs out of 20.

Just started using TDK’s DVD+R blanks and these blanks have came out faulty only used like about 15 and already 5 bad discs.

I AM NOT SURE WHY THIS DRIVE WON’T REad Verbatims but have experienced it. now i have a 50 pack full of verbatims blanks sitting around.[/QUOTE]

Oh god, what are you talking about?

NO DRIVE can read blanks, it wouldnt make any sense anyway. :bigsmile:

At first this burner was skippy for me also. I use Verbatim DVD+R DL and DVD-R. Once it got broken in, it worked great. I suggest watching a movie or 2 on the drive or playing a game with it. I bet it will be alright after that.