Hp Director & Explorer 7

My hp Director (for hp PSC) failed to open after a windows up date to Explorer 7. You can download a patch from hp to fix this problem.

Add to the above hp on line support would not connect, phone support wanted to charge me for help or sell me a new printer. The only problem was a conflict with Explorier 7, a simple patch; yet hp support had no clue. :a

No wonder so many people come to this forum; company support is a joke and most people working there know nothing. :sad:

In most cases Google is more help than Company support. :eek:

Thanks for the tip - I knew there would be good reasons for not yet upgrading to IE7 on my dad’s pc! :smiley:

I wasted 2 hours searching for the printer driver disc, one hour uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, 2 hours with system restores and spyware scans, 1 hours looking for solutions, 1/2 on the phone to hp.

The patch to less the 2 mins to download and install.

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;1954262]I wasted 2 hours searching for the printer driver disc, one hour uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, 2 hours with system restores and spyware scans, 1 hours looking for solutions, 1/2 on the phone to hp.

The patch to less the 2 mins to download and install.[/QUOTE]

All in a days work! Glad you gave us the tip so we save time, Thanks. :smiley:

Why did I not use the backup image of my HDD? I back up my HDD the first of each month and this was prior to the time I noticed the problem with the Director, the print function was fine as was all the basic printer functions. My backup computer with and older image had the same problem so I figured it must be something with automatic windows updates.

Where do I get the patch to repair the problem of HP director failing to open after having upgraded to internet explorer 7

Thanks