Hello - requesting assistance. Have a HP dc3000 Ext. DVD drive which is also called a movie writer and it worked very, very fine. Beforehand - in case I am double-posting, etc. please accept my apologies - (a) I didn’t find a dedicated HP forum (b) Forum rules suggested I should use Opt. Drive forum and not General Diss.
- Machine : Windows XP SP2 (Intel P4)
- In Device Manager, 2 drivers are CORRECTLY displayed - a dc300c driver in Optical CD/DVD … and HP dc3000 EKT24 driver in Sound And
- No conflicts, etc. Running a Windows Update shows latest drivers installed.
- When connected to USB port, it shows up as a drive.
- Inserted various types of CD disks - blank or containing data - no problems. Able to read/write/etc.
- When ANY DVD disk inserted, tried various types/brands - zilch. In Explorer says - Disk not found … / HP software RecordNow states - please insert blank DVD disk, etc.
- Referring to Internet, I’ve gathered other burn s/w if present might cause issues. Luckily, I had a brand new XP-SP2 box, where post installation of drivers, tried. No luck, this time upon clicking the DVD Drive (Windows Explorer) NO error msg. appears, but nothing is displayed. Attempt to write into a blank disk - error msg. No disk found …
- Note - I am trying all of this, in the original machine, where I have extensively already used this product. In fact, tried using the same DVDs which this product burned in the first place.
- No, I did not do any type of super upgrades/etc. Just when I needed to burn something, things failed.
- Forgot - whenever I insert either a DVD disk/CD disk - the green light in device does light up and then go away as normaly should happen.
------ In short, latest drivers : Yes, Read/Write CD Drives: Yes, Read/Write DVD Drives : NO (Disk Not Found/No Disk in Device/etc.)
The DVD disk can neither be read or written or recognized. Tried DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+/-RW, etc., etc.
!!! Please Help !!!
Thanking you beforehand,