HP/Compaq CQ70-240EV

I bought a compaq/hp CQ70-240EV laptop a few days ago. In general, i am satisfied. However, there is a problem with the screen. The baklight seems to be non-uniform: The upper area of the screen is darker than the lower. This is more noticeable when the whole screen is black.
Is this a usual behaviour of the laptop screens? Perhaps the quality of compaq sceens is low, or i should consider it as a defect of my specific laptop?

[QUOTE=Dimis;2297958]
Is this a usual behaviour of the laptop screens? [/QUOTE]

Yes. Quite common, the only way to avoid it seems to be to buy the very pricey models.

[QUOTE=brokenbuga;2298241]Yes. Quite common, the only way to avoid it seems to be to buy the very pricey models.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information.
Does this mean that i have no chance if i ask to HP for a replacement?

I suppose LED screens do not have uniformity problems and are far less energy consuming. Therefore i should have bought a laptop with a LED screen. Am i correct?

Does this mean that i have no chance if i ask to HP for a replacement?

Dunno, that is up to HP. I would not expect a replacement screen to be much different from what you have currently.

I suppose LED screens do not have uniformity problems and are far less energy consuming. Therefore i should have bought a laptop with a LED screen. Am i correct?

LED backlit screens are usually better in this regard, yes.