HP Cddvdw ts-l633n ata disc drive write speed & text?

vbimport

Hi, could anyone help me with this drive issue. I can not write an audio cd any lower than 10 x speed. It also will not write cd text for audio cds. This hp Cddvdw ts-l633n ata has 0300 firmware. Is this just a crap drive with limited capabilities to write any slower or is there anything I can do. I have used 6 different software programs to try burning:cool:. Thanks in advance for any assistance - dj

Hi shanebrazel

First off I do want to welcome you to the forum :flower:

Please do not start another thread on this issue doing so is againest the rule of MyCE plus it only creates confusion for members trying to help.

[B]SJ[/B] :cop:

[QUOTE=shanebrazel;2592305]Hi, could anyone help me with this drive issue. I can not write an audio cd any lower than 10 x speed. It also will not write cd text for audio cds. This hp Cddvdw ts-l633n ata has 0300 firmware. Is this just a crap drive with limited capabilities to write any slower or is there anything I can do. I have used 6 different software programs to try burning:cool:. Thanks in advance for any assistance - dj[/QUOTE]

10x is really slow for audio CDs.

For burning audio CDs you shouldn’t have any problems burning at whatever default speed your burning software recommends (which is primarily dictated by the burning strategies contained in your drive’s firmware).

With DVDs it’s a different matter and burn quality is much more obviously affected by write speed but for audio CDs just go with whatever is selected by default as the burns are much more reliable.

In any case burning at an excessively slow speed may make things worse rather than better as the drive’s write strategies have in theory been optimised for the various types of CD recognised by the firmware.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi,[QUOTE=shanebrazel;2592305]Hi, could anyone help me with this drive issue. I can not write an audio cd any lower than 10 x speed. [/quote]Why is this a problem?

It also will not write cd text for audio cds.
How did you check if CD-TEXT was correctly written or not?

This hp Cddvdw ts-l633n ata has 0300 firmware. Is this just a crap drive with limited capabilities to write any slower or is there anything I can do.
Write speeds - maximum and minimum - are depending on the blank media you are using and on the parameters buried in the drive’s firmware. No, you can’t do anything about that. In case you encounter playback issues, you should consider buying high quality blank media. For CD application, CD-R made by Taiyo Yuden is still the best stuff you can get.

Michael

10x is slow enough for audio, even with “suspected to be cheapo” media…