HP CD-R on 2009 Automobile CD player

vbimport

I record musical CDs on LG GH22NS50 series DVD/CD SATA internal Burners with Nero ROM Burning Version 6 and on read and write values set at the slowest speed. As a precaution, I disabled the internet connection and turned off the anti-virus. I have had trouble with CDs playing on my 03 F-150 and my wive’s 04 Saturn with old discs but now have made new discs on HP CD-R 52X discs. I have quite a collection of digital music and would like to be able to enjoy it at least in my wife’s new vehicle, which is a 2009 Mercury Milan. I played a new compilation and the CD played several tracks in the new vehicle and then “froze”.
Any suggestions about “better CD products” or what I might be doing wrong will be greatly appreciated and I thank the online community in advance.

Frank Mazuca
:confused:

Hi,

I have several questions, maybe they help sorting the problem.

[ol]
[li]Are you trying to create Audio CD or something compressed like mp3 compilations?[/li][li]What is the MID of these discs? Use CD/DVD Speed which comes with Nerö and have a look at the “Disc Info” tab.[/li][li]What speed has been selected for burning?[/li][/ol]
Some drives are no good CD writers at all, but I can’t tell if your LG is a member of that club…

Michael

Micheal

1. i am creating audio cd with nero 6 and the format is mp3-which i used nero wave editor to edit and then save at 256 or 320 mps.

2. i am unsure of what MID means. I open the nero disc info and it is A BLANK CD-R.
    CAP 79.57.71 OR 703 M.B.
    0 sessions and 0 tracks on the disc and in the white box the disc is empty.

3. the speed i burn at is 4X, which is the slowest Nero burns.

Remarks also i have used a Plextor and Sony in the past with the same reuslts with playback on vehicles. The cds play find on my home cd players.

Hi,[QUOTE=frankmazuca1980;2477646]

1. i am creating audio cd with nero 6 and the format is mp3-which i used nero wave editor to edit and then save at 256 or 320 mps.[/quote]Okay. So the burning project is audio CD. That’s what I wanted to know.
    Apart from that, it is of no use to save the mp3 files with a higher bitrate than the source material.
  1. i am unsure of what MID means. I open the nero disc info and it is A BLANK CD-R.
    CAP 79.57.71 OR 703 M.B.
    0 sessions and 0 tracks on the disc and in the white box the disc is empty.

MID is an indicator for the real disc manufacturer. That’s why I suggested to use Nero CD/DVD speed. That tool is already installed on your computer if you have Nero.

1. the speed i burn at is 4X, which is the slowest Nero burns.

Sometimes, higher speeds are better. Keep in mind, modern media is designed for higher speeds. I would try 16x and see if things improve.

Remarks also i have used a Plextor and Sony in the past with the same reuslts with playback on vehicles. The cds play find on my home cd players.
Good additional remark. So we can rule out the LG and blame the blank discs or the picky car player.
I would try other media. Are you able to get blank discs made by Taiyo Yuden? These discs have a reputation to be the best stuff you can feed your burner with. Perhaps you’ll have to order online, since TY are often hard to get in local stores.

Michael

Micheal
Thanks. i will look for the Taiyo Yuden online and give them a try. I often think it is possible the medium as i have had trouble with the (mostly) hp on several vehicles but not at home. Very confusing! :iagree: