HP BD335i?

vbimport

I was wondering , is this drive a lite-on clone ???

Yes, it is a 2nd generation Liteon iHBS112 clone.

thanks for your answer :wink:

Saw it 1st time here in shop, anyone tried crossflash? Or did HP don´t change the original FW?

So, got one. Firmware is QH21, drive is manufactured Nov. 2011 and FW should be also old like this.

Tried to crossflash it to iHBS 112, but after that the LED don´t stop blinking. Flashed it back with backupped QH21, now it works again.

Any ideas why the iHBS-FW don´t work?

Some tipps her in forum helped me to do it successfull :slight_smile:

Burner: HP BD335i, flashed to Liteon iHBS 112 2
FW: PL06
Speed: 4x
Media: Maxell BD-R 25GB 4x printable
Code: RITEKBR2

Scanner:

z = Liteon iHBS 112 2
G = HP BD335i, flashed to Liteon iHBS 112 2

Hi Wischmop, can you tell me where i can find the correct Firmware for the HP BD335i ? Thanks

[B]ch1ller[/B], it’s not firmware, it’s manual EEPROM modification, I think.

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2703949][B]ch1ller[/B], it’s not firmware, it’s manual EEPROM modification, I think.[/QUOTE]

Oh… Hmm… Ok… Then it would be interesting to know, where those Infos came from to modificate it :slight_smile:

Ask mr. Anywhere about it

I did it with W7

1. Get DSEO

http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo

Open it and choose “Enable Test Mode”

Restart Windows

1. Start Dosflash32 (or 64, depends on your OS) in Windows

And backup your original FW: Read Flash

Remark: On my system it only worked with SATA ind IDE/Compatibilty mode.

1. Follow this steps
  1. If the LED is flashing after this use EEProm Utility, choose crossflash and Convert drive

@Wischmop : Thanks a lot!!! I’ll sleep over it first though …too tired today :slight_smile:

Never patch any (running) component when the eyes are already half closed … (^(oo)^)

Will keep you informed if it worked successfully…(or not)

I had also first probs, because I found no complete step-by-step-manual

But after some questions I had all info what to do :slight_smile:

For comparison a scan with Samsung SE-506BB

A “LiteOn” writer with PLxx Firmware usually can do better with this mediacode.:frowning:
Hope You didn´t wreck Your drive.

I believe these BR2 are bad discs.
Amazing, how Maxell still manages to get the crappiest BR2 ever!:Z

I only bought this media because it was very cheap.

However, my BR3, Platinum labeled were also not very good

So I´m not sure that Ritek can produce good ones

Hey Wischmop, I am stuck with the same issue you faced. Does the attachment you posted help anyhow?

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2703622]So, got one. Firmware is QH21, drive is manufactured Nov. 2011 and FW should be also old like this.

Tried to crossflash it to iHBS 112, but after that the LED don´t stop blinking. Flashed it back with backupped QH21, now it works again.

Any ideas why the iHBS-FW don´t work?[/QUOTE]

Hi, same problem here. After crossflash, LED doesnt stop blinking. EEPROM Utility says that it cant convert the drive.

How can i revert to my Firmware Backup? None of my tools will do it. U seem to manage it.

Strange, in my case the EEProm Utilty helped at 2nd try. Because I get some infos to late I flashed it back to QH21.

I took my backup.bin-file and the iHAS324-B-AL18.exe, drag&drop the bin on the Flasher and after klicking ok it should show a update to QH21.

Would you be so nice and give me a link (f.e. dropbox) to your qh21 backup-bin? I could also give you my personal mail adress by private message. Maybe my backup is simply damaged or has never been read ok from the drive.

I tried many many times to drop my gh21 onto the unlocked flasher, everytime it says is wil update from pl06 to al18 :frowning: