HP All-in-One problems

vbimport

have got hp priter scan copy all in one mod: f4180 … with help of won xp home…would love to be able to do more with it…it has usb plug + diisc but cant get all features to work…any help would be appreciated,please dont tell me to go tp hp website…tried that…all gobbledigook…surely you dont need to be a rocket scientist to set up a printer?..had old hp 690c no prbs normal 25 pin printer connectorthank you in anticipation…its driving up my blood pressure.

:sad::sad::sad:[QUOTE=Jolly-Roger;2122456]have got hp priter scan copy all in one mod: f4180 … with help of won xp home…would love to be able to do more with it…it has usb plug + diisc but cant get all features to work…any help would be appreciated,please dont tell me to go tp hp website…tried that…all gobbledigook…surely you dont need to be a rocket scientist to set up a printer?..had old hp 690c no prbs normal 25 pin printer connectorthank you in anticipation…its driving up my blood pressure.[/QUOTE]:a:a

thank you arachne…sorry for the miss post …can you help??

I don’t have a clue, sorry - but it sounds like you need the software/driver CD that would have come with it…do you still have that?

Edit: nevermind, I see in your first post that you have the disc - I take it you’ve installed whatever’s on it?

@Jolly-Roger: I’ll move this to the ‘[I]Printing & Labelling[/I]’ forum. Please have some patience though, since this is not a 24 hr help line :wink:

Now why didn’t I think of moving it here? Thanks, Imkidd :flower:

arachne i do have disc but it does not slove my problem …i can get it to work partly…but cannot access hp for full scan copy features which it has…hp solution centre …one of the short cuts says it does notdetect any hp products

It sounds to me like the drivers are corrupt, were installed improperly and/or you are running on generic drivers.
I would uninstall all that HP stuff and start over.
On the next go, do not install any extra “fluff” that may be on that disk. Install the necessary drivers and software only.
You can go back later and get the fluff if needed.

Pay close attention to the prompts as far as when to power up the unit and when to connect communication (USB).
There is usually a specific sequence or the install will fail, esp. with an AIO.

Verify that the drivers are compatible with your operating system.

jflan: sorry for delay but had some prob getting back on line…however thanks for your help…have since down loaded an update program…166mb…about 9hrs on my slow modem…most applications now working! :bow::D:doh: