HP admits rejecting non-HP ink cartridges was deliberate and planned for – won’t release fix

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: HP admits rejecting non-HP ink cartridges was deliberate and planned for – won’t release fix[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/09/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

HP has stated that the rejection of non-HP cartridges, which started last week, is deliberate and not a bug. The printer manufacturer also stated it won’t release a firmware update to resolve the issue.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/hp-admits-rejecting-non-hp-ink-cartridges-deliberate-planned-wont-release-fix-80511/](http://www.myce.com/news/hp-admits-rejecting-non-hp-ink-cartridges-deliberate-planned-wont-release-fix-80511/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Hello all,

These posts are quite interesting to me. I bought my HP printer OfficeJet Pro 8600 plus from OfficeMax. I did buy an extra warranty from Offic4eMax that said they would provide a working printer if mine failed within a year of purchase. About 9 mos ago, I ran out of ink. I had the cartridges refilled at Costco, using their ink refilling service for $10/cartridge, which I thought was pretty reasonable. So, I had them refill all of my cartridges. Then, I put them back in and get that error message. I talk with HP, they say its because it can tell that its not ‘their’ ink, then I get new HP cartridges. I put them in. Now they dont work either… now HP says, whole print head needs to be replaced to fix it. I then check in with OfficeMax, who will not honor extra warranty, because not HP product used with printer… Of course, the cost of the new printer head is almost as much as a new printer.

All of them are dirty b@#$%s that just want to make money.

What a racket ! I hope their sales tank.Â

I hope their stock tanks too!!!

Their printers are just a means to sell their ink. I was going crazy when this first happened and I just thought it was happening to me. Now I know, it just happened on mine way before everyone else’s. It is very clear to me now that my printer had been pre-programmed to fail regarding this issue from the beginning. I did not do any upgrades, hardware or software, to it.

Somehow the phrase “Defective By Design” pretty much sums up this entire article. I’ll be sticking with my old DOS-era LaserJet 5P. I’m guessing I could easily buy generic ink for that (if I had money for ink, or paper for that matter).

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2781533]I’ll be sticking with my old DOS-era LaserJet 5P. I’m guessing I could easily buy generic ink for that (if I had money for ink, or paper for that matter).[/QUOTE] Perhaps you should buy toner instead of ink?! :smiley:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2781545]Perhaps you should buy toner instead of ink?! :D[/QUOTE]
Unless you mainly print photos, that is actually a very good advice from DrageMester :flower:

Apart from printing on top of burned CDs and CD-covers using photo paper, I’ve used laser printers since the late '90s and never had any problem even though I actually use HP hardware at the moment (I can not recommend HP hardware of course).

[QUOTE=Xercus;2781558]Unless you mainly print photos, that is actually a very good advice from DrageMester :flower:[/QUOTE] HP LaserJet printers are laser printers, not ink printers, hence they use toner and cannot use ink. :wink:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2781566]HP LaserJet printers are laser printers, not ink printers, hence they use toner and cannot use ink. ;)[/QUOTE]
Not like I missed your message or anything, just on a general level, cost of print/investment and all :bigsmile:

Glasd the only InkJet I have is a HP 8450 which is great and prints double sided and a HP laser m277 color AIO that works great for what I need. I haven’t given up on inkjet but the HP8450 has what I need. I can buy HP ink for it from Amazon and that is inexpensive right now. I seen the newer hp inkjet printers but a AIO inkjet that is going to far. Laser Color AIO will do better job for that especially in my Family Business and the toner last longer.