HP 8100i Question

vbimport

ok first off i have an HP 8100i burner…and it reads ALL audio/data subchannels…BUT it doesn’t burn any subchannels…it only burns at “SAO” in CloneCD…

so is there ANY Playstation games or other games i can backup and use successfully? if so how would i find out if i could make a good backup, without burning a bunch of coasters? (also i know i’d need a modchip for my PS)

ALSO another different question i have is…on the reading profile it has that “Regenerate Data Sectors” option…i don’t really know what that means…should that ONLY be used when trying to read an old scratched cd or what?

thanks,
chad.

Originally posted by Raccoon City
ALSO another different question i have is…on the reading profile it has that “Regenerate Data Sectors” option…i don’t really know what that means…should that ONLY be used when trying to read an old scratched cd or what?
You’ll be amazed with what you can find out when right clicking with your mouse on the options in CloneCD…

Ps. From the CloneCD website:

“Use “Regenerate Data Sectors”, if your source CD is in bad shape.”

so is there ANY Playstation games or other games i can backup and use successfully? if so how would i find out if i could make a good backup, without burning a bunch of coasters? (also i know i’d need a modchip for my PS)

Hi chad. You can back up PS games on CD that are not protected by LibCrypt. You can scan the disc using YAPS or Clony and go from there. Search the site for links to YAPS and Clony

alright cool, thanks futureproof…i just DLed both Clony and Yaps…so i’ll try that…

oh and no shit gamefreak…i was just wondering what the hell exactly stupid ‘regenerate data sectors’ does and shit…no shit i know you right click things to find out about them…i’m not a dumbfuck…“you’d be amazed what a dumbass you are”

um Raccoon City, i think G@M3FR3@K was just trying to help you, and not trying to make you look like a dumbfuck.
i think you also maybe want to look at who G@M3FR3@K really is here on this site, does “Senior Admin” mean anything to you?
you’ve only made 2 posts on this site and your already swearing at the Admins :confused:
relax, he’s just trying to help thats all.

oh and no shit gamefreak…i was just wondering what the hell exactly stupid ‘regenerate data sectors’ does and shit…no shit i know you right click things to find out about them…i’m not a dumbfuck…“you’d be amazed what a dumbass you are”

Very, very uncool. You will increasingly find little sympathy for first or second posts that display no demonstrative effort to have searched or looked around. The search engine on this site is excellent and most of my 3000 or so posts at this time are written in a way to be picked up in relevant searches.

If you really want to hang around on this informative site then please, by all means apologise to GF (privately over email/PM is fine). If, on the other hand, you’re one of the hundred or so that fly in, get a quick answer and fly out never to be seen, then feel free to be rude.