How would you go about this:

Not re-authoring, the best it will do is 60.2% compression after removing all the foreign and director comment audio streams.

So, I want to re-author so I can get only the episodes. However, if I re-author and drag all the titles up there, it will not play right; it will play the first episode and that’s it. Now, my question is, is there any way to take only the episodes menu and the episodes, OR no menu, only the episodes where you can just skip ahead to the next episode? Also, see all the titles, 7-12? When I preview them, 7 is the same as 10, 8 is the same as 11, and 9 is the same as 12… why is this? I don’t need two copies of each episode on the backup! Thanks!!

To do this you can use DVD Remake Pro, but it’s not free.

Too bad, dvd shrink lose menus in reauthor mode.

Where does this program fit in with the decrypt and burn? Does it decrypt, does it burn, or do you have to use other programs for that?

Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 may do what you want.

You could first decrypt the disk and then try reading it into that app and working with the files.

Or, you could maybe try putting each episode into DVD Shrink and outputting each episode to its own DVD folder on the hard drive (VIDEO_TS) and then when done, try combining each of those sessions into one DVD project.

Here is something that may help:

http://personal-computer-tutor.com/abc5/v41/vic41.htm

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/46/59/

I just did a Google Search.

I’ve seen the same sort of tutorial, and have tried that, but it did not work.

Here are the differences between the tutorials and my situation:

In the tutorials, the different “Titles” files on the disks correspond to the actual episodes. In my disk, when I play it, the episodes are numbered 6, 7, and 8. Under DVD Shrink, however, what shows up is Title 7, Title 8, Title 9, Title 10, Title 11, Title 12. Titles 10, 11, and 12 are identical to 7, 8, and 9, and I don’t know why they are there (same size and everything).

I did try to back up 2 episodes before (just took titles 5 and 6 from another dvd) and what I ended up with was the first episode playing and crashing at the end (not going to next one)

I am trying right now to drag titles 7, 8, and 9 only, remove all languages I don’t want from the root DVD, and back it up. It will hopefully work. I cut the start/end times as well and the compression is still at 68%.

So, thanks for the tutorials, but I think there is something else going on.
I would love to be able to insert a menu and tell it which episode to go to.

Download the Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 demo - it does all that.

Going by the size of the files, there can only be three episodes on that disc, but DVD Shrink is just reporting what the IFO file instruction lists as the VTS’s. Sometimes you do see the same episode more than once, particularly if it has an alternative set of navigation instructions such as playthrough. It’s a bit of a long shot, but have you tried selecting only the episode numbers 10, 11, and 12, since they may have the instruction to ‘start at next episode’ when finished.

Otherwise the only way you will be able to sort this out is to rip the three episodes individually using DVD Decrypter with the appropriate stream selection, import them into DVDMF, do the trimming and add a menu. Then ‘burn’ the project as an ISO image option. Next, open this with DVD Shrink and apply the compression to the whole DVD (i.e. without selecting the episodes again).

OK, well, burning 7, 8, and 9 only didn’t work: 7 played well on the DVD player, but started freezing heavily during the last segment. I will try 10, 11, and 12 tonight (what’s one more coaster) just in case they work, but I went ahead and downloaded the demo for the movie factory.

So, that said, could you please guide me a little bit in getting these episodes up on that program and creating a menu? I’m trying to go through their “learning center” but it’s not very deep and it’s the first time I’m seeing this program. Thanks for all the help so far!

I did burn just 10, 11, and 12. 10 played through, didn’t skip on the last segment. Finished just fine. Then it froze at the last frame. After about two minutes it skipped to the beginning of the next episode and immediately froze and didn’t recover. I would really love a little help figuring out how to get just the episodes, and maybe a menu. If I need to use Movie Factory, fine, but I have no clue how to use it. Is there a easy tutorial on how to do this. It seems like it can do so much and I get lost in all the features.
Thanks!

NOBODY HAS MENTIONED WHAT MEDIA YOU ARE USING MAYBE THIS IS WHY ITS FREEZING I HAD BIG PROBLEMS WHEN RIPPING EPISODES FROM THE LOST SERIES AS THERE SEEMED TO BE 2 TITLES OF EACH EPISODE THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO TRY TITLE BY TITLE AND TRY TO FIGURE OUT THAT THEY ARE IN THE RIGHT ORDER EXPERIMENT AND PERCIEVER MY FRIEND WE ALL HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE

SILVERSURFER

I am using SONY DVD+R, the 100 pack. They are the 120 min, 4.7 GB, 1x-16x speed.

My drives are: