How Well You Did On Black Friday?

vbimport

What did you come up with on today’s Black Friday0?. Did you get any outstanding bagain on the items you do need?.

Bah!!!

I didn’t get the new Porsche I wanted.

Just kidding.

I hit a few stores early this morning and the crowds seemed pretty good for the recession we are in.

I didn’t really need anything big so I just grabbed some DDR2 1gig sticks for $18 each and I found a paper shredder I’ll give as a gift for just $17
their were plenty of HDD and Flash drive deals …but I decided to pass. (After getting some online)

Radio Shack - Kmart - Walmart were all packed at 7:30 when I decided to venture out .
The Office stores were doing pretty well too …all the cheap monitors under $100 were gone ($70 - 19" would have made another nice gift)

My best deals were online I found some Rechargeable AA battery’s for $1 each and grabbed 16 of them to get free shipping
Also scored a dvd burner and WD HDD from newegg …

hope your day went as well as mine
cls

Very nice day, slept in, got up, went over to Staples about 7am. Busy, but no lines, people, but no crowds,
picked up the limit (1 tube each) of the CD’s ($4.98/100), DVD+r (4.98/50), DVD-r (4.98/50),
the 21.5" 1900x1080p monitor for 89.98
the $10 MS web camera, the $10 HP cordless optical mouse, a thumb drive or 2.

Went home, picked up the wife and let her repeat the purchase of the media (rebates to house, rebates to office) plus another monitor to give to a valued employee for his home/family system.

Then we both went to LOWES HW to buy tools and a fire pit, rah.

Late morning I placed an order for 1200 of the HP printable DVD+r’s at $14.95/100 from Newegg (to go with the order I placed yesterday for 1200)

In the afternoon, my son and I went to the AT&T store, took advantage of their Black Friday to upgrade phones and renew contract…

We left our 19yo daughter (home from college) to do the hardcore shopping… she left the house at midnight, came home just after I left for staples at 6:45am. She had way, way, too much stuff, but at least she didn’t spend much money and spent the all-night-shop-till-you-drop with her girl friends from High School…

Moving to the living room for general discussion. Anyways got a few blu-ray titles for cheap and finally bought a blu-ray player since it was about the best deal that I have seen on it thus far (Panasonic BD60 $125 shipped with a free copy of “Up” on Blu-Ray). The best part is that all of them came from Amazon so no early morning or traffic madness for me. :slight_smile:

A 2 TB external HD for $140, a 100 stack of verbatim +R and one of -R , at Frys for $10 each and a 4GB PNY thumb drive at Best Buy for $10. That’s all.

Not well at all since we don’t have Black Friday here :sad:

Oh well. Shopping spree in town on Monday to make up for it…:stuck_out_tongue:

I searched all over the net for a good deal on Blu ray blank media, specifically BD-RE 25gb disks, and came up with diddly squat. You’d think one company at least would include them in a sale on Black Friday, but didn’t happen to my knowledge.

So, zip, zilch, zero for me this year.

About $650 [B]gained[/B] minus some light grocery shopping after work (sierra mist’s, chocolate cream pies, lunchmeat, and beef jerky).

went to lowes -got 2 shop vacs $29.00 ea ,and 3 - 100 pc dewalt drill asst. sets for $19.00 ea .
went to home depot first for the shop vacs they had listed for $19.00 each but they were gone at two stores i stop at. got one shop vac for my daughter who just bought a foreclosure home in tampa fl. and one for a friends wife .really would of liked to got the ridgid shop vac Home Depot had. but took the one at lowes as second best. the second trip to home depot was to get supplys for a job i was on so it wasn’t like i made a special trip there looking in vain .it just happen to be closest to the job site !
for the most part there not much this year i needed to get as were flying to florida on christmas day and the wife and I will just get are selfs what we want when we see it. and just say you bought this for me :slight_smile:

I picked up the 40 inch Apex Lcd at Target for 449.00 and applied for a Target card for
an additional 10% off. Not a bad deal on a average TV. I almost bought the 32 inch Vizio Lcd with 1080p at dell for 316.00 after bing to use as a monitor but I think I can get it cheaper if I hold out a bit longer. This year was a bit disappointing but with almost a month to go things could still turn around.
budzos

I bought…absolutely…nothing…:sad: since I’ve had to take a forced pay cut because of the economy. No big ticket items for me this year! :sad:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2469593]Not well at all since we don’t have Black Friday here :sad:[/QUOTE]

Hehe same here. But I might go out today to find a netbook… I really want one so hopefully prices are lower in The Netherlands as well :slight_smile:

You got a very good BD player, you will enjoy having that one :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2469576]Moving to the living room for general discussion. Anyways got a few blu-ray titles for cheap and finally bought a blu-ray player since it was about the best deal that I have seen on it thus far (Panasonic BD60 $125 shipped with a free copy of “Up” on Blu-Ray). The best part is that all of them came from Amazon so no early morning or traffic madness for me. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was underwhelmed as well, maybe Cyber Monday will bring some media deals (I hope)

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2469594]I searched all over the net for a good deal on Blu ray blank media, specifically BD-RE 25gb disks, and came up with diddly squat. You’d think one company at least would include them in a sale on Black Friday, but didn’t happen to my knowledge.

So, zip, zilch, zero for me this year.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2469594]I searched all over the net for a good deal on Blu ray blank media, specifically BD-RE 25gb disks, and came up with diddly squat. You’d think one company at least would include them in a sale on Black Friday, but didn’t happen to my knowledge.

So, zip, zilch, zero for me this year.[/QUOTE]

That’s why I have yet to buy a blu-ray burner. I wouldn’t be surprised to see fixed pricing on them similar to the D/L DVD+R discs.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2469693]You got a very good BD player, you will enjoy having that one :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it. For the money it seems to be the best player (according to all of the reviews that I have read). I know there were some other players for less but they all rank average at best and I wasn’t about to touch the sony products. :wink: The movie “Up” isn’t necessarily my first choice for a movie but it is one of the select few that has received a 5 out of 5 stars rating for picture quality over at highdefdigest, so it is reference quality high-def material.

[QUOTE=Nemesys;2469529]Bah!!!

I didn’t get the new Porsche I wanted.

Just kidding.[/QUOTE]

A 911 would look good sitting in the driveway.

:cool::cool:

I got a Sony Blu-ray player for $129. It was the same one I saw a week earlier for $200. I got a Canon SD1200 camera. The Black Friday sales were not as big as last year, but it still had some good stuff.

[QUOTE=silver30;2469869]I got a Sony Blu-ray player for $129. It was the same one I saw a week earlier for $200. I got a Canon SD1200 camera. The Black Friday sales were not as big as last year, but it still had some good stuff.[/QUOTE]

Congratulation this is a good deal.