How wel does VS04 work on the LTR-48125W?

vbimport

I want to know how wel the VS04 firmware works on the LTR-48125W because I have this writer in my system now with FW VS02.

Is it better than VS02 ?(I mean more media compatebility and less errors)

Short story is no. I have the same drive and it came with VS02. VS04 is beta firmware. People seem to be getting more errors and greater incompatibility with media.

is there a vs03 or is that a beta also?

I’m using VS04 firmware right now. I only flashed my drive today, so I don’t know what the long term affect is, but it seems to be ok right now. I’ve been burning since I flashed & haven’t made 1 coaster yet & haven’t gotten any error messages thus far. I am using Philips 40X certified media which SMART-BURN media checker v1.0 (48x) detects as 48X. I am burning at 48x with burnproof on & have been averaging 3:00 for an 80 min audio cd & 2:30 for a 700MB data cd.

Tnx for the info jwong1268, could you tell me how much damaged parts their are on the copy if you check it with Nero CD speed surfice check?

Phatty123, I have never heard of a VS03 firmware but how knows, it may be out there somewhere.

But if the VS04 is a BETA firmware just like Tazdevl says, then why does it say in the SMARTBURN Media Checker software that it supports all LTR-48125W burners with FW VS04 and/or higher ??? I thougt this software came form Lite-On self? :confused:

Originally posted by supershiva
Tnx for the info jwong1268, could you tell me how much damaged parts their are on the copy if you check it with Nero CD speed surfice check?

Audio CD Results
Starting file test
Files: 4
Directories: 0
Size: 0 MB
Errors: 0
Speed: 0.0 X (3 KB/sec)
File test completed
Starting surface scan
Good: 100.00 %
Damaged: 0.00 %
Unreadable: 0.00 %
Surface scan completed

Data CD Results
Starting file test
Files: 96
Directories: 11
Size: 702 MB
Errors: 0
Speed: 34.2 X (5128 KB/sec)
File test completed
Starting surface scan
Good: 99.89 %
Damaged: 0.00 %
Unreadable: 0.11 %
Surface scan completed

Surface scan is the better test not …cd quality check??