How u can enable fast skip reading errors on DiscDump Frontend?

I was wondering how u can enable fast skip reading errors on DiscDump Frontend?

I have just been playing around with it and i don’t think there is an option to do it. Sorry.

I had it do fast error skipping once, but i couldnt do it again, and i dont remeber what i did to enable to do fast error skipping. Also when i tried using dao16 on fireburner to an image created by discdump i got an error in the beginning, this is what is says:

Thread1: Executing
Recording device: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B
Firmware version: 1.07
Recording method: Disc-at-once 16 (Dao16)
Recording Speed: Max
BURN Proof: Enabled

//----------------------------------------------------------------------
// Burning - data is being permanently written to CD
//----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread1: Setting Write Parameters
Thread1: Reading Disc Info
Thread1: Start LBA is -11615
Thread1: Processing Lead-in
Thread2: Executing
Thread2: Write Error @ Sector -11615
Thread2: Sense Error: ILLEGAL_REQUEST (INVALID FIELD IN COMMAND PACKET) (0x05 0x24 0x00)
Thread2: Synchronizing Cache
Recording complete

After i got this error, i tried using dao96 to burn the ddump image. but after i burnt it to a cd. It didnt work as in the game didnt run. It seems that all cds i tried to make a backup copy of that has a protection of SD 2.5.1+ does not work. I was wondering if there was also another way of burning safediscs 2.5.1+ games.

Your CDRW burner is a 1 sheep burner. To use the DiscDump + FireBurner combonation you need a 2 Sheep drive. This is probably why you are getting the error. If it is to do with something else then the copy probably wont work anyway as your drive just can’t copy this protection in this way.

For other methods try here.. Remember your drive is a 1 sheep drive. So will will need to use the methods for 0 or 1 sheep drives.

Are u sure womble, my cd writer is HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B, and on one post i read, this guy had the same cd writer as me and someone said it was a 2 sheep.

99% sure. You can check it yourself though if you like. Click on the Website button in my post and then follow the “Sheep Tester” guide.

That will tell you what it can do.

wat website?

See the five blue buttons at the bottom of each post. One of them says Website.

Or Click here

Womble, that 1% proved u wrong bc i just went to ur website and downloaded the sheep tester. Than i followed the intsructions testing my burner. My burner succesfully with no problems copied the sd251, and sd290 to my hard drive. I didnt even bothered trying the sd2old. So now its confirmed that I have a 2 sheep burner. Then y cant i burn sd2.5.1+ discs? Also wat about the fireburner problem?

BTW, whats firmware?I heard some people said that its an update thing u do to ur cd writer. Sry for double posting…

Originally posted by Super_Noobie
My burner succesfully with no problems copied the sd251, and sd290 to my hard drive.

Seems it is a 2 sheep burner then.

Then y cant i burn sd2.5.1+ discs? Also wat about the fireburner problem?

This now seems to be the £64,000 question. Is it all SafeDisc 2.51 discs you have trouble with.

I take it you have the latest version (1.4.1).

POSSIBLY SOLUTION
Do you have ASPI installed. Once again check out the website. Look for ForceASPI guide. Use version 1.7 from the guide.

whats firmware?

Firmware is a small piece of software in the CDRW that tells it how to work. Updating it can improve these features and sometimes add new ones.

From your log you can see your Firmware is currently version 1.07. To see if these is a newer one then go to the drives website and check it out.

Firmware version: 1.07

Try the ASPI fix first then try Fireburner again. I think that is the problem.

Is it all SafeDisc 2.51 discs you have trouble with

Nope, SafeDisc 2.51+

Do you have ASPI installed

I just installed forceaspi bc when i went to LG’s site, i couldnt find the update for my driver(HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B).

Try the ASPI fix first then try Fireburner again

Did i fix it by installing forceaspi?

Did i fix it by installing forceaspi?

Thats what I am hoping. Try running FireBurner again and see if it works.

:a…got the same error.

I am fast running out of ideas I am afraid.

I have been through the FireBurner forums to see if anyone has had this error and knows how to fix it.

Basically lots of people have had the error but not many seem to be able to get it working.

Are you running latest version of FireBurner 2.2.1.

The two suggestions that I could see that maybe helpful are,

Your CUE file is damaged. This is a file the DiscDumper makes. Try makng it again at a slower speed.

You have too many programs open in windows. Try reseting the computer and closing as many programs (ones in bottom right) as possible.

A Small Though That Just Occured To Me
If I remember correctly FireBurner NEEDS to be unlocked with an unlock code before you can burn with it. I found this out when I first tried to use it. I take it you have bought a code and unlocked your copy.