How to works fvdfab platinum?

hi,

i try to understand to works dvdfab platinum ( any version).

when i ripped dvd movie on hard disk, dvdfab say to me that all found protections are removed as:

CSS (Content Scramble System).
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is removed!

Invalid CELLs protection
Invalid VOBUs protection Bad sector protection Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.)

but when i restart dvdfab and i reripp the same movie previous copied on hard disk i find:

UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is removed
Invalid CELLs protection is removed
Invalid CELLs protection is removed

etc etc

i must ripp the same movie one more time to remove all protections
why ?

note:
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is NEVER removed
thank you for your explanation

be patient, i try only to understand

You can only rip from the disc that’s in your drive. That disc cannot be altered. The files on your hard drive have the protection removed.
When you re-rip the program goes through the same steps as the first.

hi dialysis1,
i know but the problem is, you say “The files on your hard drive have the protection removed”, are you sure ?, because if you re-rip the files on hard disk some protections are not removed, this is the problem.
thanks

Can you post a log or screenshot showing this?
I would also like to know how DVDFab re-rips files that are already ripped.

hi,
i will post screenshot later.

to re-rip files that are already ripped:

1- i rip full dvd on my hard disk

2-i re-rip files alreadyripped in split mode( some protections are found)

3-i re-rip disc1 and disc2 in main movie mode( some protections are found and removed finally) exept UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection, is never removed.

4- and then i write the files on 2 dvd (4,7 Gbytes)

thanks

hi dialysis1,
i have a screenshot of my problem, wher may i post the screenshot ?

excuse me for this stupid question.

thanks

Host it on something like photobucket or Imageshack and then paste the link here.

hi dialysis1,

i ripped (with dvdfab 5.0.7.6) on 5 august 2008 the entire dvd “gone baby gone” on my hard
disk and i show you the screenshot:
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8565/20080913184949gc5.png

on 5 august 2008 i re-ripped previous ripped files to extract the main movie:

all protection are removed, only the UOPs was not removedd everytime and with every version of dvdfab.

thanks

Well I can’t explain it. I just tried it with the NTSC version of this movie R1 and everything comes up as [B]not found[/B]. I’m sure someone will drop in soon with the answer. The only thing I can think of is that for some reason you did not get a clean rip.

Edit:
I just tried another movie and I still have good results.

thank you dialysys,

i beleve to say you:

1-with dvdfab 5.0.9.0 i dont have problems ( for now)

2-when i re-ripp from hard disk ( previous ripped files) in ex; movie A
and then i re-ripp from hard disk (previous ripped files) in ex movie B, i have the same list of removed or nor removed protections between 2 movies A and B, B has the same protections or not protections list by movie A!!
to solve this problem, every time that i re-ripp some movie from hard disk , i close dvdfab and restart for next movie.
thanks and good nigth

hi dyalisis 1, how are you ?
i see that i have the same problem with dfdfab platinum 5.1.1.0
but i discover new problem:
1- i ripp movie A on hard disk (all protection are removed)
2- i ripp from movie A , main movie on hard disk( no protections found)

3-i split main movie and…surprise…

on heach splitted part disk1 and disk2 dvdfab found some protection originally exist on original dvd movie .

wich miracle ?
thanks

i think the program is just saying that if any protectons were there, they will now have been removed.
it does actually remove everything on the 1st rip. - if you open a rip e,g, in dvdshrink, then dvdshrink will report that the movie is unencrypted.

Relevant problem:
When trying to rip a couple of movies to hard disc with both DVD Decrypter (file mode) and DVDFab v5.1.0.0 (full disc), I descovered this odd message after using FreeDVD:

For DVD Decrypter: There isn’t any protection in folder “…\VIDEO_TS”,
for DVDFab: Found “Uops” protections in folder “…\VIDEO_TS”

Does that mean that DVD Decrypter does a better job at cleaning protections? Of course, I had checked every box in the protection options of DVDFab (…and DVD Decrypter)…
And what should I do? Let FreeDVD clean DVDFab’s rip or use DVD Decrypter’s rip and avoid DVDFab? Which solution will give me better results?
Please note that FreeDVD is a utility that can be downloaded from DVDFab’s very own site… And another thing: latest version 5.1.1.0 behaved exactly in the same way, although the author claims for “Improved cleaning of DVD structure”…
Isn’t it a pity for a new program to get beaten by a very old one in this subject? Or is there another explanation?

They both use the exact same decryption method so you must check your settings, Pathplayer is exactly the same in both programs, the Free decrypter just doesnt burn or compress.

DVDFab has option checkboxes to remove UOPs selectively from IFOs and VOBs, make sure both are checked in Common Settings->Protection. I have not done any backups yet with the 5.1.1.0 release.

hi,

if you read my post from the beginning, there are many problems with dvdfab platinum decrypting.
i.e.
to remove UOPs selectively from IFOs and VOBs, both box are checked in Common setting, and evry time i find this protection existing.

other problems existing.
read my post from the beginning please

thank you
bye bye

[quote=umes2000;2125959]hi dialysis1,

i ripped (with dvdfab 5.0.7.6) on 5 august 2008 the entire dvd “gone baby gone” on my hard
disk and i show you the screenshot:
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8565/20080913184949gc5.png

on 5 august 2008 i re-ripped previous ripped files to extract the main movie:

all protection are removed, only the UOPs was not removedd everytime and with every version of dvdfab.

thanks[/quote]
In your screenshot you have Pathplayer disabled.:wink:

[quote=umes2000;2151182]hi,

if you read my post from the beginning, there are many problems with dvdfab platinum decrypting.
i.e.
to remove UOPs selectively from IFOs and VOBs, both box are checked in Common setting, and evry time i find this protection existing.

other problems existing.
read my post from the beginning please

thank you
bye bye[/quote]
Yes like alan1476 said you have pathplayer disabled in your screen shot. So I believe you have the default setting which is enable when necessary. Change it to always enabled and that should work for the copy protection better than the setting you have now. Post back if this helps at all so others who read this thread will know.

I rechecked:
DVDFab in Full Disc Mode with PathPlayer (always) enabled and both Remove UOP options checked (both IFO & VOB). The result of FreeDVD: “Found UOPs protections”

DVD Decrypter in File Mode with default settings. The result of FreeDVD: “Found UOPs protections”

DVD Decrypter in File Mode with Remove IFO & VOB UOPS both checked in File Mode settings. The result of FreeDVD: “There isn’t any protection”

Thus:

1. DVD Decrypter DOES remove UOP protections (when the above options are checked in settings
  2. DVDFab can’t remove remove UOP protections even if you check the above settings

FYI, FreeDVD is a free software that DVDFab’s own site let you download for checking about left protections in a VIDEO_TS folder and also gives you the option to remove them.
So when using DVDFab you have to rip first then clean with FreeDVD! But then WHY do the user has the options to remove UOPs in DVDFab settings? DVD Decrypter have the same options, but DVD Decrypter works well…

Question:
Which is the best method? Use DVD Decrypter or use DVDFab in combination with FreeDVD to have the same result?
I would like to read the author’s opinion on that.

i think this is a rubbish thread- in pratcice, DVDfab removes exactly what it claims to remove i.e. if you tell it to remove UOPs, then apply your remote control to the resulting output DVD you have complete control over previously blocked actions.

Maybe some of the info reported is misleading but really, who cares?

Please post a specific example of where DVDfab lets you down in terms of real-world control over playback.

I’ve used the progam for 2 years, I’m not a paid employee, I’ve never had an issue with it NOT removing proections that I want removed.

( unless a bug has crept into a very recent release _ I am still at 5.020 but never had an issue in v3 or v4 or in v5 so far )