How to Watch LiteON LVW 5005 playback when using the VCR Tuner!

vbimport

I hope someone can help me. I tried what someone suggested in using the VCR as a tuner for my LiteON LVW 5005. But when I connected I couldn’t watch it. I have an older TV with only 1 in and out composite RCA hookup and the same for the vcr. Is there anyway to set it up to use the VCR for the tuner, without redoing the composite afterward to be able to watch what was recorder on the 5005.

This is what was told to me.
“I would definitely use the VCR tuner. I connect the composite video and audio “outputs” of my VCR to the Composite video and audio “Inputs” on the back of the 5005. When I set up a timer recording I make sure to select the source as AV-2 on the 5005 and leave the VCR on the channel I wish to record.”

Please help.

Maybe someone has another solution. The TV doesn’t have s-video and neither does the VCR.

Thanks,

David

I believe you have to connect the outputs of the VCR to the Front I/Os (AV1) on the 5005. Use the “source” button on the bottom left of the remote to change to the source you want to watch (AV1 for VCR or the VCR’s tuner).

Yes, I use the VCR for the tuner and leave the channel on . I dont use the front AV only the back. So far so good. I have an old RCA that cost me 180 bucks many years ago…but it has a great tuner…even better than the one on my TV. I can also use it to convert my old VHS tapes to DVD.

whats nice is I have it set at five minutes for sections…so I can skip all the commercials which normally last five minutes. I think I watched an hour program in 35 minutes…wow…

On the uk version,the only input we have on the back (apart from rf/in)is the scart socket.Whilst the front av ports are handy for camcorder copying or other portable devices,it would have been handy to have the extra rca port or scart on the back.So we could leave a vcr connected up,But then Liteon didn’t know the tuner was crap or they would never have put it in,or would they?..it’s not just mono,it’s crap! :a

[QUOTE=dfine1966]I hope someone can help me. I tried what someone suggested in using the VCR as a tuner for my LiteON LVW 5005. But when I connected I couldn’t watch it. I have an older TV with only 1 in and out composite RCA hookup and the same for the vcr. Is there anyway to set it up to use the VCR for the tuner, without redoing the composite afterward to be able to watch what was recorder on the 5005.

This is what was told to me.
“I would definitely use the VCR tuner. I connect the composite video and audio “outputs” of my VCR to the Composite video and audio “Inputs” on the back of the 5005. When I set up a timer recording I make sure to select the source as AV-2 on the 5005 and leave the VCR on the channel I wish to record.”

Please help.

Ok, I think you have a USA unit here is what I had suggested, earlier, and don’t see why it won’t work for you:

• the incoming cable, or anntena signal is connected to the VCR.

• use the A/V out (composite video/L audio/R audio out), and connect to (I would use the rear), A/V in on 5005.

• When you record you can use the Liteon timer (guess its kind of marginal, I never use), but make sure you select the input on Liteon as the AV, and I believe AV2 for rear connections.

• You can make your video connections to the TV using the A/V out on 5005, and if you just want to watch TV/vhs tape, do a coax cable on the output of VCR to the TV RF in.

I had suggested S-Video before because better video transfer signal, but obviously you would need that input on the TV. As far as the VCR most don’t have, I am able to do that for VHS dubs as my audio receiver does a RCA to S-Video upconvert…and that I input to the 5005 s-video in.