How to view VOB files

I don’t know what other forum this question should go in. I downloaded a movie and there are several files in VOB format. See screenshot.

When I double click on one of them, the movie starts up in Power DVD but the problem is that I cannot click on any of the menu options. The movie does not continue beyond what I’ve selected.

In another words, (if I understand this correctly) each one of those VOB files is a chapter in the movie. Correct?? If i double click on one of them, all I get is the opening scene and it DOES NOT continue. I cannot even click on the menu options to select different scenes. What gives?

I tried a different application (Win DVD) and still the same problem.

1 - Open Power DVD first.
2 - Choose “Select Source”.
3 - Select “open DVD on hard disk drive”.
4 - Point it to the folder where you have the movie stored and hit OK.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Cool - it worked. Thanks Wombler.

Dear Peaceout:
Welcome to our forum. It is against forum rules to download copyrighted movies and burn them. If this is a movie you own are backing up it is fine. Please read our forum rules. Thankyou.

Hi

I am trying to see VOB format video, but i can’t found the point number 2 “Select Source” from my Powered DVD.

Thanks

[QUOTE=RIKLO;2407437]Hi

I am trying to see VOB format video, but i can’t found the point number 2 “Select Source” from my Powered DVD.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It depends on what version you’re using and what skin you’ve selected but there should be an icon somewhere similar to this that lets you choose.

Wombler