How to use one DVD multiplicator?

vbimport

Hello
One of my friends want to build 2 DVD multiplicators. I mean 2 desktop computers each with 9 DVD writers and those would be Optiarc AD-724xS.

The question is: Can he write disk after disk for about 3 hours without making any pause? The units will be one on the top of the other without to much space between two units.

Thinking of the heat and of the lens usage I was thinking that maybe 5 or 6 disks would be ok and after these to take one pause of about 20 minutes.

What do you think ?
Thanks

Considering what I’ve done recently with my burners, I can say that my 7241S worked ok on “continous burning” (burn a disc than when finish burn an other etc…) for a couple of hours. It didn’t get too hot, and doesn’t produced coaster, but for sure its “torture” didn’t last more than 4 or 5 hours :eek:

Under the same “torture”, the Pioneer S18L started to burn fine 3 or 4 discs, than “paused” by itself during burn (disc spinning but no more writing, than after a few time, burning restart, and burn finally ok, but lasts ~10min for a 16x burn :/). After a “cool-down” period, first disc was ok, but secont and third the drive paused by itself too. Even if it didn’t produced any coaster, it was a bit annoying :a

My 2 drives are in Vantec 530U external enclosure, with fan enabled. Actually, drives (except Pioneer S18L) become warmer in this type of enclosure than in my Antec P182 case (with low speed stock cooling).

Thinking of the heat and of the lens usage I don’t know what to think, but for sure drive may not last long, I don’t know.

I was thinking that maybe 5 or 6 disks would be ok and after these to take one pause of about 20 minutes.

I think it is a good idea, if possible, to let drive cool down from time to time :cool:

Thanks Lithium466 for your answer
I can’t wait to make those systems.
Have a nice day!

Just a question : what motherboard are you planning to use ?
And what pci/pcie sata card ?