How to use DVDFab Platinum

I am new to DVD on PC and I do not know the technical features associated with DVD movies.
Your software does not have a manual or help to explain to me the meaning of each field. The only help I found tells me what can be done but not why. For example I do not understand what is the implication of choosing a different Bit Rate, or Resolution.
I loaded a movie and it seems not to fill my screen, although when I play it from the DVD it does fill the screen. Why?
I also want to know whether I can load the movie such that chapter selection, as is on the DVD, will be available when I watch it under Media Center. As well I want to know how do I select different langauges to be displayed, but I see no way of selecting any langauge while playing in Media Center even though I marked to copy multiple langauges.
Another problem I encountered is that some DVD loaded with audio volume very low. Why?
I used the Generic option to copy the movies from the DVD to my PC.
Hopefully I can get an answer for all my quesions, because I would like to continue using your software.

:DWelcome to the forum. The are two types of ratios a movie will come in either 16:9 widescreen or 4:3 letterbox. You may have backed up a 16:9 movie. If you want a full screen look for the 4:3 on your DVD’s. Also some dvd’s come with both, in this case use the 4:3 in the list of movie only options. Also when using Generic look at the audio setting will be 100% by default, increase this to 160% and change 128kbps will increase sound and quality! Good Luck…:smiley:

Thanks for your reply, although it addressed only some of my questions.
In any case, I can not change the setting on the audio - it is locked at 100%.
And in regrads to the aspect ratios, I have a projector with a widescreen so I need to use the 16:9 which is 1.77777 - but many resultions are listed that vary from 1.7 to 1.8. Why?
Regarding the bitrate’ I am using anywhere from 900 to 1700 kbps, so why do you suggest to use 128kbps?
There is something fundamental that I miss here, and it will help a lot if there was a place with a guide/help that explains all these properties.

[quote=drbarak;1945687]Thanks for your reply, although it addressed only some of my questions.
In any case, I can not change the setting on the audio - it is locked at 100%.
And in regrads to the aspect ratios, I have a projector with a widescreen so I need to use the 16:9 which is 1.77777 - but many resultions are listed that vary from 1.7 to 1.8. Why?
Regarding the bitrate’ I am using anywhere from 900 to 1700 kbps, so why do you suggest to use 128kbps?
There is something fundamental that I miss here, and it will help a lot if there was a place with a guide/help that explains all these properties.[/quote]I think you are using a profile that just copies the audio from the DVD. If you want to adjust the volume, use one of the profiles with MP3 audio. There are settings for both audio and video bitrate on the Configure page. As to your other questions, most of them are player related and I don’t use Media Center or Windows Media Player. VLC Media player (free) has controls for subtitles. The different screen sizes are provided to accommodate different players. If you will be watching on a PC in full screen mode, choose the largest one that matches the aspect ratio of the original and increase the video bitrate to produce a reading of 0.2 bits/pixel (or higher if you can stand the large file this will produce). Spend some time reading in the forum to learn the basics; the tutorial assumes a certain basic level of familiarity with the terms and techniques used in processing video files. If you have a question, just ask and a fellow user will come along and respond.

Thanks. Your answer helped a lot.
Your answer also clarified to me the setting of the bitrate, as I saw it changes the bit per pixel.
[COLOR=black][SIZE=1]I changed the template to mp3, as you said, and now I do have control over the volume. Wil it keep the 5.1 of the audio or will it cause it to change to simple stereo?
[/SIZE][/COLOR][RIGHT][/RIGHT]

i need help into where to save the movie when i want to use my decyrpter to copy the movie. please help! thanks

[quote=leana201;2207596]i need help into where to save the movie when i want to use my decyrpter to copy the movie. please help! thanks[/quote] :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Please stick to one thread and you never answered me in the other thread :eek::eek::eek:

I am new to this forum stuff. i will check my other thread. thanks
i will try to stick to this thread. so if you have an answer for me i will
read it on this one. thank you for the help