How to use DVDFab gold

vbimport

I have just installed DVDFab Gold I have read on this site and also to by many people how easy it is to use. I must be stupid I cant get it to work.
I am using a Liteon DVD Burner external. I just copied a movie using DVD Shrink and nero so the burner is ok.
Is there a guide about how to to use DVDFab Gold. I understand you must select full disk or main movie and click start.
The program never goes into burn mode. I assume the software will prompt you when to insert a blank disk and start to burn? I need a step by step guide.
By the way I have the trail version of gold installed. Many thanks for any help. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hello phoneboy2 and welcome to the forum. As you said, to begin with, place the movie you wish to back up in your burner. Open DVDFab Gold, and select which type of mode you wish, full movie or main movie. The blue scan box will pop up and scan the movie and after it completes the scan, it’ll start to read the movie. You can watch the progress below. It’ll show you how fast it’s copying and the amount that’s completed. When it reaches 100% done, the movie will pop out and the insert media box will appear. Place your blank DVD disk into your burner and wait a minute for the program to reconize it’s there and click ok. At this point the write process should start. Again, it’ll tell you how fast it’s writing and how far it’s at until it’s done at which point it’ll then go into finalizing mode which takes about 30 or so seconds to complete. Then it’ll say it’s done and ask you what you want to do next, finish or make another copy. That’s roughly the process of making a back up. Hope this helps. ~ Mike

1.) Open DVDFab Gold
2.) Put the DVD movie you are going to make a backup copy of into your DVD drive, the movie title will appear in the source drop down window
3.) In the target drop down window chose the location of your DVD Writer that will be used to do the burning of the disc
4.) At the bottom of the screen choose the size of the blank medics disc you will be using for the backup in the drop down window with the word Quality next to it, DVD5=compression and DVD9=no compression
5.) Depending on if you have one or two DVD Writers hooked to your computer,
a.) If you only have one DVD Writer connected to your computer then you will have to wait until the program has finished the copying process to your hard drive and then you will be asked to insert a blank media disc into the drive,
b.) If you have two DVD Writers connected to your computer put in the original disc into one of the DVD drives(making sure this drive is selected as the Source),
And put a blank media disc into your other DVD drive(making sure this drive is selected as the Target),
After the program reads and copies the movie from the DVD Drive that contains the original DVD disc the program will then start the burning process to the DVD Drive containing the blank media disc
6.) Click the start button at the lower right corner to start the process

You can’t have better step by step instuctions as posted above.

Thanks for all the help…

Hey phoneboy2, let us know how you make out ok. ~ Mike

I agree, yes please.

Thanks to all that responded to my question about DVD Fab Gold. With your help I got it up and working like a charm. Thanks again you guys do a great job.

That’s sooo cool. Another satisfied customer, LOL. Happy burning my friend and good luck. ~ Mike

Man that StormJumper saved the day again with his excellant instructions
Jim

I’m just entering into the “new” world of DVD burning. I finally made the jump from my old K6111 450 to a “new” lightening fast :wink: XP 1800+, so I went out and spent $40 on a new LG 42n. Works like a charm (funny how cheap they are now compared to a few years ago, but that is another story).
I have several DVD burning programs including DVD Fab Decrypter, but I downloaded the Platinum version for a 30 day trial and I must say this program couldn’t be easier to use, once you fool around with it a bit.
I will use it till the trial ends and very more than likely, purchase it. This is one program that I won’t mind spending coin for.

TTFN Colin

Greeting colin.p
Welcome to the wold of DVDFab :bigsmile: best software for doing backups of your DVD collection.most members buy before the trial is up :bigsmile: OK so maybe 1 day left LOL :smiley:

A wise choice my friend… :iagree:
IMO, Platinum is the best software of it’s kind; very feature rich and is consistently improved upon and updated by Fengtao and Ting.

Welcome aboard… :wink:

Good luck and welcome aboard. Just remember also that there’s a world of knowledge at your finger tips right here with all the help you can stand. They are always ready and willing to help with all and any kinds of issues you may have. So, hope to see you around. ~ Mike

I guess I couldn’t wait, just paid for Platinum and got my key. Only trialled it for two days. Like I said above, works great.
So it looks as if I will be around for awhile.

Colin

You made a wise choice as I am sure that you will love this program like the rest of us :clap: :clap: :bigsmile: Also welcome to the forum where the best hang out
Jim

Hey Colin
man that sure was a short trial :bigsmile: nice to have you as a DVDFab member :clap: :clap:

Hi. :cool: :bigsmile:

Hello my friend :bigsmile:

So once the 30 day trial expires, will the free version not copy the disc to the hard drive and then burn to a DVDR any longer? I chose DVD-9 and it copied, said completed, but never prompted me to insert a blank dvd for the burn process?