How to upgrade 3 GB old IBM 570z HDD with 30 GB new?

vbimport

The problem is that the BIOS does not recognize the HDD.
I studied some pages, forums and fulfilled instructions- allas!
Please , give working practical advice step-by step.
Thanks
Yan

Hi and Welcome!

very old computers didn’t support HDDs larger than 8 GB (And more early there were 512 MB and 2GB limits, if I remember correctly).
What you can try:
See if there is a newer Bios for your computer, that fixes this issue, or check the support website of the HDD manufacturer. They often have tools that adress this issue.

Michael

[QUOTE=yanko54;2460084]The problem is that the BIOS does not recognize the HDD.
I studied some pages, forums and fulfilled instructions- allas!
Please , give working practical advice step-by step.
Thanks
Yan[/QUOTE]

Can you be more precise on the model of the IBM computer? The info you provide doesn’t provide a clear picture of the computer. I tried looking for info on that computer but nothing comes up correctly to really know about that computer. But as the MOD says older system don’t get more then 2Gigs of RAM but not knowing the exact specs and model is hard to know for sure what system you have.

Hi, thank you for the info. The problem is I am not competent, but ambitious and I try to solve the problem.
In a hardware forum in Bulgaria I discussed the problem, received advises, fulfilled all of them and nothing started working out.
I have read some advises in other forums- people say 560z can be upgraded with no problem up to 80 gigs HDD, 560 x - with DDO , but no warm boot and no hibernation in Win98 finnally. I found the case similar to mine, with the difference mine doesn`t works.
IBM 560Z , 128 ram…PII300 - my favourite veteran -I use it for some profecional special DOS programs in Win98. The HDD gives some bad sectors and I must change it. Low capacity good disk drives are not available in Bg:a…So- must upgrade…
Greetings
Yan

PS1- I have downloaded the latest BIOS ver.

PS2 - I offered money to some Comp. spec to solve the problem as other people had it done…