How to unistall Roxio Creator DE (86) on Windows 7 (64)?

vbimport

I’ve tried all the ways to uninstall:

Roxio Creator DE
odule Name: PX Engine
Build: 4.0.36a, 36
Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006
Module Name: Roxio Core
Version: 3.3.0
Build: 331B17N, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Audio
Build: 330B49I, DLD
Module Name: Roxio Creator Copy
Build: 330B45C, DLD
Module Name: Roxio Creator Data
Build: 330B45D, DLD
Module Name: Roxio Creator Tools
Build: 330B40C, DLE

But it’s impossible, at least for me…

Perhaps it is running at startup? What error messages do you get?

Go to Start menu and type in msconfig where it says Search for programs and files. See if you can spot the Roxio program in the Services tab or the Startup tab. If so, uncheck the box next to it and reboot. Try to uninstall.

I go through control panel and uninstall the diferents roxio pieces, restart the PC go through control panel to see the programs and everything is there again. Roxio is not running at startup…

You might need to remove some registry entries. Have you thought about using CCCleaner? I don’t know if you are comfortable working in the registry manually.

Can you still run the program? Does it still show up in C:\Program Files (x86)? Or is it just showing up in the Control Panel\Programs and Features list?

Yes I can still run the program. I as said before, I uninstall it in the normal way, but it doesn’t and it’s still in C:\Program Files (x86). I have no way to remove it!

Hi,

uninstalling Roxio might be somewhat tricky.
It’s a long time ago when I trashed the Roxio software from my Dell laptop. So, could you please post a list of all softwares (that you suspect being Roxio/Sonic related) that appear in Control Panel/Programs?

Different approach: Did you get a Roxio install disc with your computer? If so, then there should be an installer on the disc, and perhaps it will also allow to uninstall the software.

Michael

I found this at the Roxio site: http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/Creator/000127CR&PARAMS=

They are instructions for Vista, but may work in a similar manner for Win7.

Since you say you have Roxio DE (“Dell Edition”) I presume you yhave a Dell.

Have you asked Dell?

Why do you want to remove it?

Is there some reason you cannot simply ignore it?

AD