How to uninstall partition magic 8 cleanly?

For unknown reason, my partition magic 8 installation didn’t go to completion (script error). Yet, programs group was still added to Start->All Programs menu. I wanted to uninstall PM8 but I couldn’t find uninstall program option under Start->All Programs->Partition Magic group. I checked from ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/products/pmagic/pmagic_8/manuals/PM8.PDF mentioned below instructions available to uninstall PM8

Uninstalling PartitionMagic
1 On the Windows taskbar, click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
2 Double-click Add/Remove Programs, then select PartitionMagic 8.0
3 Click Add/Remove

But PM8 was not find from list of installed programs.

Please tell how could I remove this incompletely installed application cleanly besides just deleting the program directory under \Program Files ?

:doh: :bow: :sad:

Find a way to complete the install, then uninstall. The alternative is to do a search and destroy mission in the registry and file system, which will ultimately be more work.

The actual script error message will be the place to start, probably some other process running during the install has interfered.

Every repeated re-installation result in the same script error. Tried install in a second langauge version PM8. No error this time. But running PM8 resulted in same corrupted PM application called. Search & destroy directly from registry is very time consuming. Will try application like Your Uninstaller PRO 2006.

Anyway, the same script error appeared even if I just ran PM8 installation alone.

You might try running the setup in safe mode.

As CDan said:

The alternative is to do a search and destroy mission in the registry and file system, which will ultimately be more work.

You might want to give [TOTAL UNINSTALL] a try
http://www.martau.com/index.php