How to transfer VHS to DVD+R?

vbimport

Hi

I own 3 VHS movies that were never released on DVD’s. I am down to 1 VCR in my home and would like to transfer those movies to DVD+R which is the only media my DVD recorder supports.
Can anyone explain what I need to do in order to accomplish this?

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Patrick

Hook them up together and copy from VCR>DVD Recorder…
How you ask? RTFM…
Might have some MV issues however in which case read this,

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic326562.html

[QUOTE=Killingjoke;2157152]Hi

I own 3 VHS movies that were never released on DVD’s. I am down to 1 VCR in my home and would like to transfer those movies to DVD+R which is the only media my DVD recorder supports.
Can anyone explain what I need to do in order to accomplish this?

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Patrick[/QUOTE]

Try Dazzle DVD Recorder USB Video cable and, btw, it comes with software that captures video to any format and, burn to DVD and, Guess what??? Macrovision is not even an issue…cuz, this device bypasses it…:smiley:

Kind Regards.

Some capture cards ignore MV as well, like my Hauppauge 150 PVR , old[er] and not the best quality, but still reliable as heck)…I don’t use it much these days…
VCR straight to an .mpg ‘editable’ file on PC HDD…I prefer doing the editing/conversion to other formats with separate tools…

Hi

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the help.

Regards

Patrick

Plextor ConvertX PX M402u works very well just plug in your VCR and send the video to your PC by USB cable

But a sandalone DVD Recorders + video stablizer is very EZ to hook up and use.

For your info many movies never released before on DVD are now being released each day, example “The Boys in Company C” 1977 just released this month.

CCRomeo

I have been waiting for “The howling: new moon rising” to be released on DVD forever it seems, and I don’t think they will ever release it. I have all the other Howling movies on DVD but that one on VHS.
How about “Watchers 3”, it was shortly released on DVD and they want a fortune on Ebay for it, same for “Fright night part 2”.
I which there was a free software to convert as I just have a few movies to transfer like 5, $40 is a little expensive for just the 5.

Thanks

Patrick

some movies on VHS may never be released on DVD is some cases I has to do with the music on the sound track. Some will be release but it may take a long time.

I am still looking for “Purple Hearts” from the 80s.

[QUOTE=Killingjoke;2157587]CCRomeo

I have been waiting for “The howling: new moon rising” to be released on DVD forever it seems, and I don’t think they will ever release it. I have all the other Howling movies on DVD but that one on VHS.
How about “Watchers 3”, it was shortly released on DVD and they want a fortune on Ebay for it, same for “Fright night part 2”.
I which there was a free software to convert as I just have a few movies to transfer like 5, $40 is a little expensive for just the 5.

Thanks

Patrick[/QUOTE]

Where are you located? There may be members willing to help you out as the devices mentioned above are becoming more common.

Many of the products serve a dual function so add to their value. My Plextor was used to convert very long movies to Divx and my DVD recorders have replace my VCR for day to day recording. Both Tapes and DVD can go bad with time and/or poor handeling so it always a good idea to back up what you want to keep.

I am in the Atlanta area.

Thanks

Patrick

check you PMs

There is a business in your area that charges $19.95/hr of video (that’s competitive but outrageously expensive). I would be happy to do it but shipping is approximately $10 each way.

http://www.alphadvdcreations.com/video-to-dvd-transfer.php

You might want to try an electronics store (Mom & Pop retailer, BestBuy, Radio Shack, etc.) and see if an employee would be willing to do it at an affordable rate.

I’ve recomended this one before & will again.I have it .
http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html
Just put it in between your VCR & DVD recorder.
Assuming your DVD recorder is a set top.
I haven’t tried to use it going from the VCR to a computer DVD drive.

The Grex is overkill to just go from VHS to DVD IMO.

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2157690]The Grex is overkill to just go from VHS to DVD IMO.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it starts with VHS to DVD and then comes to DVD to DVD and afterwards you want to record something from HBO channel…

I used Lifeview analogue tuner with the Lifeview tuning-recording software. Connected standard coaxial 75 ohm cable from the VCR to the LifeView PCI analogue tuner aerial input cable.

Ran the cassette and Lifeview recorded the cassette as MPG.
Used video Redo suite to edit the recording.
Used VSO Convertx to DVd to convert and burn the DVD.

For most burning applications and movies, I use "CDIMAGE.EXE,
Create an ISO
Use Elby Vitual DVD\CD Rom to test the ISO.
Then burn with Elby clone DVD.
Always 100 % perfect results.
CDIMAGE always details what causes errors accurately.
That ensures the burn is always faultless.

[QUOTE=kingsgully;2311400]I used Lifeview analogue tuner with the Lifeview tuning-recording software. Connected standard coaxial 75 ohm cable from the VCR to the LifeView PCI analogue tuner aerial input cable.

Ran the cassette and Lifeview recorded the cassette as MPG.
Used video Redo suite to edit the recording.
Used VSO Convertx to DVd to convert and burn the DVD.

For most burning applications and movies, I use "CDIMAGE.EXE,
Create an ISO
Use Elby Vitual DVD\CD Rom to test the ISO.
Then burn with Elby clone DVD.
Always 100 % perfect results.
CDIMAGE always details what causes errors accurately.
That ensures the burn is always faultless.[/QUOTE]

WOW! Thats a piece of algorithm. I can only imagine how much time is needed for all that.