How to transfer my Handycam video to DVD?

vbimport

i have sony handycam with the small tape…i want to transfer the video of my handycam to DVD.

i got NERO7 installed and BluRay player in my XPS1530.

can you please help me how to do this.

thanks in advance.

what connections does your cam offer?
By small tape do you mean dv tape or other type?

[QUOTE=xtacydima;2159346]what connections does your cam offer?
By small tape do you mean dv tape or other type?[/QUOTE]

I got Sony DCR-PC115, i dont know what connection your talking about. here’s the link of the specs of my handycam

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Sony%20DCR-PC115%20DV%20Camcorder:1990849543:page=details

the type i’m using is mini DV digital video cassette.

Well connect it to the computer with IEEE 1394 connection and then copy to HDD. Then you can just open that file using Nero and do your editing before you burn to DVD. You can view the directions on how to do this [B]HERE[/B]

I’ve never been able to do a direct “data” copy like that with my Sony DCR-HC4C using the FireWire. I have to use NeroVision Express or Sonic MyDVD to capture the tape to HDD. Then I edit, organize, & compile using Nero or VideoRedo or TMPEGEncDVDAuthor. Other than some audio synch issues recently with VideoRedo, it works fine.

I also learned a lot from http://www.digitalfaq.com/ .

[QUOTE=GJ;2159791]Well connect it to the computer with IEEE 1394 connection and then copy to HDD. Then you can just open that file using Nero and do your editing before you burn to DVD. You can view the directions on how to do this [B]HERE[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi, how can i start using the Nero Vision4 (?)…i got IEEE1394 but i dont know how to start nero vision.

thanks in advance

bump

Do you HAVE NeroVision? It has help files that explain how to use it.

[QUOTE=Steve83;2175544]Do you HAVE NeroVision? It has help files that explain how to use it.[/QUOTE]

yes i have.

any link thats show step by step with picture? thanks

[quote=fce;2176848]yes i have.

any link thats show step by step with picture? thanks[/quote]
Sorry about this I forgot I posted in this sub-forum. What version of nero you have 9,8,7 or 6

Hi fce,

I'm not sure this will work because I have something close to that but maybe it will. All you have to do is plug it into your computer and transfer the videos onto your computer. Then you put a DVD into your DVDRom and you can transfer them on to the DVD. Its actually quite simple

Here’s the link to [B]nero 7 help files[/B]
I have a HDD camcorder and how I am able to save my videos to computer would be different than you since yours is a tape. Also you should have the help files already on your computer for nero vision just look in start and program list to find them.

[quote=fce;2176848]any link thats show step by step with picture? thanks[/quote]Yes, they’re installed on YOUR computer when you install NERO. If it’s not on your desktop, look in the START menu.

[QUOTE=GJ;2177507]Sorry about this I forgot I posted in this sub-forum. What version of nero you have 9,8,7 or 6[/QUOTE]

nero 7

[QUOTE=esther.david6;2177654]Hi fce,

I'm not sure this will work because I have something close to that but maybe it will. All you have to do is plug it into your computer and transfer the videos onto your computer. Then you put a DVD into your DVDRom and you can transfer them on to the DVD. Its actually quite simple[/QUOTE]

thats my problem, when i plug my sony handycam to my computer it didnt ask me or automatically transfer my video to my computer.

i open my nero vision and it just show me my webcam on that page with some options, i can’t find where’s the option i can choose the handycam connected to my laptop to transfer it to my HDD.

[QUOTE=GJ;2177700]Here’s the link to [B]nero 7 help files[/B]
I have a HDD camcorder and how I am able to save my videos to computer would be different than you since yours is a tape. Also you should have the help files already on your computer for nero vision just look in start and program list to find them.[/QUOTE]

after reading the help menu of nero vision, i can’t find any info how i can select my sony handycam or how nero vision will access my sony handycam…it just show my built in webcam to make a video.

I have Nero 6.6.0.14 & Nero Digital 3.1.0.11 . I run StartSmart, select DVD, point to Photo & Video, click Capture Video (which starts NeroVision Express 3), then set the Capture Device pulldown to Microsoft DV Camera & VCR.

Alternatively, I can run Sonic MyDVD 3.5 (build 52902), click the Capture button, then under Record Settings click Change, and set the Device pulldown to Microsoft DV Camera & VCR.

But MyDVD isn’t quite as stable for me as NeroVision Express. At the end of a capture session, MyDVD will lock up ~50% of the time. Nero maybe only 15%.

[QUOTE=Steve83;2179806]I have Nero 6.6.0.14 & Nero Digital 3.1.0.11 . I run StartSmart, select DVD, point to Photo & Video, click Capture Video (which starts NeroVision Express 3), then set the Capture Device pulldown to Microsoft DV Camera & VCR.
[/QUOTE]

i follow this procedure but when i click Capture video theres no “Microsoft DV Camera & VCR” option…it only show my “Laptop integrated webcam” and “Live Cam Virtual”. My handycam is connected to firewire to my computer firewire.

anybody can help me? i really want to transfer the mini DVD i have in my handycam to my laptop and burn it to DVD.

thank you

Can you just put the mini DVD in your computer’s DVD drive and copy the files?

[QUOTE=Whappo;2250131]Can you just put the mini DVD in your computer’s DVD drive and copy the files?[/QUOTE]

its mini DVD TAPE…