How to tell?

i just have a simple question i am looking for a answer to. i let my friend from work borrow a couple of my movies. and he returned them all to me the next day. i let him borrow 6. there is no way he could have watched them all. is there any way to tell if he has ripped my movies for himself?

NO. Unless you ask him.

You mean made copies of them, well the only way I can think of is by going over to his house and see if he has those movie titles in his collection :bigsmile: but 6 movies at the least 1hr 45 min = 10 hr 30 min or 12 hr if 2 hr each :iagree:
course with me I have watched movies all night long many times :wink:

lol i might just go over there and find out. so blockbuster has no clue if there movies are being ripped? i personally don’t rip them cause i like to have the original cases.

No LOL :bigsmile: either would Hollywood

wow, thanks for your time.

there’s no way for you, or BB to tell by physical examination of the DVds, but those of a paranoid disposition should note that is it technically possibel for a DVD, or a clone of it, it “call home”.

and because a clone made by dvdfab is not an exact copy ( as discovered by fans of clearplay software) it is technically possible for the software on the other end of a call to work out that it’s a clone calling. AFAIK know this has never been done for real, (so file under lone gunman/grassy knoll/etc conpsiracy theories )

any DVd which contains additional software that is activated by autorun as soon as the dvd is placed in a PC drive, coudl launch a program to call home, or even one to trash your system. ( i.e. you could make a malicious copy of a DVD which would auto-install a virus , or which had a format drive script)

Some Sony & Disney Dvds use autorun software though it’s mostly harmless, just annoying.

It’s safer to disable autorun on all removable & optical drives, and to only rip reputable retail DVDs

For more info google interactual spyware.

[quote=cybmole;2208089]trhere’s no way for you, or BB to tell by physical examination of the DVds, but thos of a paranoid disposition should note that is it technically possibel for a DVD, or a clone of it, it “call home”.

any DVd which contains additional software that is activated by autorun as soon as the dvd is placed in a PC drive, coudl launch a program to call home, or even one to trash your system. ( i.e. you could make a malicious copy of a DVD which would auto-install a virus , or which had a format drive script)

Some Sony & Disney Dvds use autorun software though it’s mostly harmless, just annoying.

I’t safter to disable autorun on all removable & optical drives.

& google interactual.[/quote]
Tis why it is best to turn autorun off :wink: