How to tell who REALLY makes your dvd drive in nero info tool? (Toshiba SD-R5372)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Toshiba SD-R5372. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi i have been trying to find this out for my Toshiba SD-5372 with no luck. While looking online i saw that nero info tool is suposed to be able to tell but i’m not sure where in the program. I’m trying to do this to enter the info in imgburn. Any help would be very appreciated. Thx

Never mind seems its a samsung but this is still a good thing to know how to check :slight_smile:

If your drive is an OEM, no normal diagnostic software can tell you who REALLY made it; you’ll have to take whatever information you have and search for it on the Internet. In some OEM cases, it will say what the drive really is on the drive sticker, though.

BTW, Toshiba and Samsung work together on optical drives, so it is probably a combination of both their drives, just with different firmware. It used to be the case that you had somewhat separate Toshiba and Samsung drives that could be crossflashed between firmwares. Most of the time now, though, you only see drives branded as Samsung, but they are still being made by TSST [Toshiba-Samsung], as reflected by the firmware names and drive labels. :slight_smile: