How to take off the record mode writings on a recorded dvd that has been finalized?

Hello and how are you all? My name is Walter, and I have been doing some recordings, but on this one DVD-R, had been recorded 10-22-08 but the recording mode is still remains on the DVD. My question is:

How to take off the record mode writings on a recorded dvd that has been finalized?

[QUOTE=Walter@Debbie;2414856]Hello and how are you all? My name is Walter, and I have been doing some recordings, but on this one DVD-R, had been recorded 10-22-08 but the recording mode is still remains on the DVD. My question is:

[B]How to take off the record mode writings[/B] on a recorded dvd that has been finalized?[/QUOTE]

I have no clue what you mean?!?

[QUOTE=Walter@Debbie;2414856]Hello and how are you all? My name is Walter, and I have been doing some recordings, but on this one DVD-R, had been recorded 10-22-08 but the recording mode is still remains on the DVD. My question is:

How to take off the record mode writings on a recorded dvd that has been finalized?[/QUOTE]

First off you asking general questions without giving any specific as what software was used to created that media. From the sounds of it you did only a windows copy and burn not a true dvd burn. As before without knowing what software you using it won’t get much help. Also knowing the format your using to burn help as well.

Let’s jot down some items:

You recorded a lot of dvd’s. Which hardware did you use? PC? Standalone? Brand? Type?

One particual DVD-R, recorded on the 22th October in 2008, the “recording mode still remains”…

Do you mean it’s still in " able to record on this disc " mode? Well, you do that by finalizing the disc in the recorder. Consult the manual for that.

If you mean you want to use this disc agan, but it has been finalized. No problem. Just erase the disc.

Technically when a recorded dvd is finalised, you cannot use that disc again for recording. It’s been finalised. You can either un-finalise it and start deleting chapters or erase the disc completely.

How many forums are you going to post this in ? If you stick to just one thread it will make it easier for people to help you

I deleted the crosspost in MovieCopySoftware. :wink: