How to swap write stratgies

Hey, I was looking around the fourm and was reading you can switch the write stratagies on your dvd’s. I have some TYG02’s that I would like to try to burn at 16x, saw a scan and it looked pretty good using the TYG03 strat.

My drive is a benQ 1655 BCDB Once switched if I burn them on my LG will the staratagy still be switched or is it a BenQ tool? Any info would help. Thanks

Use MediaCodeSpeedEdit by ala42. It works on BenQ drives and other brands as well.

There are two ways to overspeed media. One is by using the official tool for BenQ which is QSuite by enabling OverSpeed feature. The second way is by using ala42’s MCSE tool to swap your TYG02 write strategy to TYG03. However, as ala42 pointed out in the MCSE thread, using patched firmware will void your warranty.

My drive is a benQ 1655 BCDB Once switched if I burn them on my LG will the staratagy still be switched or is it a BenQ tool?
When you patch the BenQ firmware using MCSE, you will have to save it and flash the patched firmware to your BenQ drive, thus it will only affect BenQ drive.