How to split an album into differant tracks

HI people

Please excuse this poor quesion but i am new to this!!

I am using winmx and kazza to download mp3 albums.
But my problem is they are shown as 1 track not split up into differant tracks? Is there software out there that finds the pauses inbetween tracks and splits the album up.

Thanks for any replies:bow:

http://www.mp3machine.com/software/MP3SplitJoin/

you could write the whole thing as one track, then playback on cd and split the tracks individually (i found this out when playing atape to record it to cd)

Roxio’s sound editer had this feature in it once…used to use it when capturing an LP to hard drive. Will have to dig around and see if I can find where the setting is…:slight_smile:

You could ofcourse do it manually, as stated above. The 1 big wav file will have peaks and valleys …and a straight line between the tracks when veiwed with any good sound editing program. This makes it pretty easy to copy paste track for track…but an automated solution is nice too…:slight_smile:

I have yet to find a splitting software I considered reliable enough that I didn’t have to go check it’s work manually anyways.

Pauses or rests in a song tend to get falsely splitted. I usually just find it less hassle to do it manually with my editing software.

You haven’t tried Feurio! or your burner isn’t supported, I guess…

simplist to use would be nero wave editor or ever windows media maker or sound recorder, simple but get the job dun fast

try this MP3 Splitter & Joiner MP3 Splitter & Joiner allows you to split, cut or trim a large MP3 file into smaller pieces or to merge multiple MP3s into a single file. You can listen to the file, using the included playback capability and then split it by time and section as needed. You can also split files into equal time segments or by specifying the number of segments you want to achieve. The program also comes with a built-in ID3 tag editor.

LOL, free tools are good enough for this.

Adobe Audition…you must be nuts!

[QUOTE=chef;2663473]Adobe Audition…you must be nuts![/QUOTE]

Or maybe a warez version …:disagree:…but,giving him the benefit of the doubt,some people actually BUY 450+ $ software,although it mostly serves more purposes than track splitting then…:wink:

And since the guy you guys are replying to is replying to a thread from 8 years ago, I’ll give you guys the benefit of a doubt… :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2663507]And since the guy you guys are replying to is replying to a thread from 8 years ago, I’ll give you guys the benefit of a doubt… :p[/QUOTE]

We like replying…:bigsmile:…the possability to hit the “new posts” button makes us believe this is actually a recent thread…:eek:…:bigsmile:
Besides that,I’m here from 2001,so that thread doesn’t seem so old to me…only 8 years…:cool::wink:

Sorry guys I saw no good reason for this very old thread to be re-opened so the post responsible has been deleted, but will keep yours due to your post count.

[B]SJ[/B]

SJ ,I probably could just PM this but it can be removed if you like.
I think a lot of cleaning of posts by just signed up members . Who just post to get their count up could be deleted.
You know the kind . "Thanks for the info " etc.

[QUOTE=cholla;2663519]SJ ,I probably could just PM this but it can be removed if you like.
I think a lot of cleaning of posts by just signed up members . Who just post to get their count up could be deleted.
You know the kind . "Thanks for the info " etc.[/QUOTE]

No need to reove yours or others :wink:

I find there are various ways of spamming not saying this is the case here, however in many cases it is done within old threads that are re-opened by new members but I am giving this new member a benefit of the doubt and will keep an eye open on future posts.

[B]SJ[/B]