How to split a one chapter DVD-movie?

vbimport

I have a music DVD at my harddisc. It is 7 GB. Normally I use 2 DVD5 to split the movie for better quality, but this one has only one chapter so when I use the “scissors” with Clone DVD, I can’t make any cuts because it is one great 7 GB chapter. Any solutions. other programs?

[QUOTE=Nicowico;2034528]I have a music DVD at my harddisc. It is 7 GB. Normally I use 2 DVD5 to split the movie for better quality, but this one has only one chapter so when I use the “scissors” with Clone DVD, I can’t make any cuts because it is one great 7 GB chapter. Any solutions. other programs?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried to burn it to a DL media yet?? CloneDVD does compress but looses some image quality a bit. Dvdfab plat can split the program as well but this is the paid version after the free trial runs out.

No, I haven’t tried to burn to a DL DVD, because I don’t have DL DVD’s so I try 2 DVD5 DVD’s.
I have a licensed DVDFab, but when I try to split all is greyed out.

You should be able to do this with DVDShrink in Reauthor mode but if it is really one chapter then it won’t.Still worth a try.Open with shrink.Make sure it is set to no compression.Drag the “chapter” may be title in Shrink to the DVD structure window.Select “Set Start/End frames” .Then split it into the first half.
If you can’t do that then shrink won’t work for this.If it does then select Backup.Put this half in it’s own folder.Repeat for the second half.
You might be able to split the frames where it doesn’t end or start in the middle of a song.Sometimes this causes some time code problems.
I am putting some pictures of my doing this with an already compressed movie as an example.

:bow::bow:Heeee, Cholla, your Tha MAN. I did what you said and I managed to split the file and burn it on 2 DVD’s with DVDshrink. Thank you.:bow::bow: