How to split a LARGE 74 minute track into song tracks?

vbimport

[B]Hi Guys…

I’m brand new here. I have Nero 6 and would like to know
how I can split a live concert (74 min) into separate song
tracks…

Thanx for any help!!

Keith

Toronto Canada.[/B]

What format is the concert in?

Hi SQUAREHEAD, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

If your concert is in WAV format, you can split it into separate WAV files using e.g. CD Wave (Shareware).

mp3…

you can use nero wav editor or audacity to split the 1 track into how many you want…:slight_smile:

Cool!!
How do I use the wave editor??
Or audacity?

Keith

in wav editor you just open the file u want…and from there…what i usually do is find the track points you want…say the begining of the second track is at the 3:33 point…from there…you click on that point…hold it…then drag it to the beginning of the 1st song…so…it would be that the first song is 3:33…from there…open a new layer…then that particular track will be on its own…then save it as whatever you want…mp3/wav etc…go back to the original "big " track you opened with and the song u just saved will still be highlighted…right click on it and either “cut” it or delete it…from there you go through the same process…just open each individual track in a new layer and save…shouldn’t take more than 10/15 minutes…its sounds complicated but its not…i actually use cool edit pro to do it but wav editor does the same thing

step 1:drag file into wav editor window…select which portion of the song u want to save as an individual track(pic 1)

step 2:click on the “copy” button(pic 2)

Step 3:click on the “new” button(pic 3)

step 4:click on file/save as and choose whatever you want to encode your file to…voila(pic4)

in wav editor you just open the file u want…and from there…what i usually do is find the track points you want…say the beginning of the second track is at the 3:33 point…from there…you click on that point…hold it…then drag it to the beginning of the 1st song…so…it would be that the first song is 3:33…from there…open a new layer…then that particular track will be on its own…then save it as whatever you want…mp3/wav etc…go back to the original "big " track you opened with and the song u just saved will still be highlighted…right click on it and either “cut” it or delete it…from there you go through the same process…just open each individual track in a new layer and save…shouldn’t take more than 10/15 minutes…its sounds complicated but its not…i actually use cool edit pro to do it but wav editor does the same thing

step 1:drag file into wav editor window…select which portion of the song u want to save as an individual track and click on the “copy” button(pic 1)

step 2:next click on the “new” button(pic 2)

Step 3:…a new window will pop up and then click edit/paste(pic 3)

step 4:click on file/save as and choose whatever you want to encode your file to…voila(pic4)

[B]Thank you Nosmartz!!!

Keith[/B]

For mp3 you might want to use this simple,free program.
http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html

i forgot square…whenever you wanna start the next track(track 2)…just go back to the original file you inserted into wav editor…(the first pic)…and click on the “scissors” button to cut the first track you highlighted…track 2 already has a starting point…:)…repeat the same process for all the trax

http://www.blazeaudio.com/

Hey Nosmartz, your respond in the post # 7 is a prety fancy demonstration response that is really good one.

[B]Awesome!

Thanx again, Bro!!

Keith[/B]

i hope it works ok for ya…:slight_smile:

I’d use MP3DirectCut, as undine suggested. Works directly on MP3 files (no de-coding / re-encoding) and can handle all cuts in one session.

You can also make divisions using Nero as part of an Audio CD task… Tracks and Indexes, a Right click option, if I’m remembering correctly.