How to Soft Mod An Original XBOX W/O Action Replay

vbimport

i just found my xbox today and i have an xbox 360 but i dont wanna sell my original xbox especially since you wont get crap for it but ya i was wondering on how i can go about softmodding my xbox without the use of action replay…i heard of hotswapping but it seems a lil risky. im willing to try it but idk. if you can help me here id be extremely happy. cuz i love the original xbox. more so than the 360! anyway i just wanted to find away i can play burned games on it and emulators and such. i hope to hear from someone soon!!!

We have a dedicated game console forum where you will undoubtedly get more informed answers allenkazaam. So, I’m moving your thread there.

The other thread you started in the Newbies looks like a repeat of a post you already have in the game console forum, so I will need to close it.

its not the same this is for my xbox the other is for my ps2

XBoxHDM + nDure is pretty much what you want for Softmoding. it uses the hotswap method. i did this quite a few times on several XBox’s using a old Emachines PC to do it just in case :wink:

and as usual… there IS some risk of damage to the PC and/or XBox. but that said i did it many times on my old Emachines PC and it’s still working. so take this for whatever it’s worth.

basically the basic idea… is connecting the PC’s IDE cable to the XBox1’s hard drive and running stuff from that XBoxHDM boot cd (which boot from PC) and modifies the stuff on the XBox hard drive to get it to do all the fancy stuff. :wink: … i mostly use my XBox1 as a video player as i have XBMC (XBox Media Center) as my primary dashboard on it since a high high percentage of my use of XBox 1 is for .avi (XviD) playback. but your stock XBox1 console will have about 4.5GB free on the E partition after it’s softmoded. (also, depending on what drive you got in your XBox1, it’s possible to squeeze out about 2GB more on a F partition. but i think you have to have a Seagate hard drive in your system in order to get that. but as far as XBox1 games, this is completely useless. but it could be nice for extra storage of emulators etc etc)

but basically the XBoxHDM and nDure stuff is 100percent free as long as you got a blank disc (i usually use CD-RW) and a CD/DVD Burner.

p.s. it’s also a good idea to get a copy of the original XBox dashboard and put it onto the XBoxHDM boot CD before burning the disc.

[QUOTE=NBR;2465427]XBoxHDM + nDure is pretty much what you want for Softmoding. it uses the hotswap method. i did this quite a few times on several XBox’s using a old Emachines PC to do it just in case :wink:

and as usual… there IS some risk of damage to the PC and/or XBox. but that said i did it many times on my old Emachines PC and it’s still working. so take this for whatever it’s worth.

basically the basic idea… is connecting the PC’s IDE cable to the XBox1’s hard drive and running stuff from that XBoxHDM boot cd (which boot from PC) and modifies the stuff on the XBox hard drive to get it to do all the fancy stuff. :wink: … i mostly use my XBox1 as a video player as i have XBMC (XBox Media Center) as my primary dashboard on it since a high high percentage of my use of XBox 1 is for .avi (XviD) playback. but your stock XBox1 console will have about 4.5GB free on the E partition after it’s softmoded. (also, depending on what drive you got in your XBox1, it’s possible to squeeze out about 2GB more on a F partition. but i think you have to have a Seagate hard drive in your system in order to get that. but as far as XBox1 games, this is completely useless. but it could be nice for extra storage of emulators etc etc)

but basically the XBoxHDM and nDure stuff is 100percent free as long as you got a blank disc (i usually use CD-RW) and a CD/DVD Burner.

p.s. it’s also a good idea to get a copy of the original XBox dashboard and put it onto the XBoxHDM boot CD before burning the disc.[/QUOTE]

ya i got everything all set up to be able to do it but my girlfriends computer doesnt have ide cables plugged in the hard drive their something else :frowning: