How to set layer break position using DVDFab Platinum

vbimport

Hi,currently i’m using DVDFab Platinum 4.1.0.2.
I’m create DVD folder in my HD(7.9GB).May i know how can i set the DL break position using DVDFab Platinum…? or DVDFab Platinum will re-calculate the suitable position to break in…? thanks.

[QUOTE=Bashin;2023665]Hi,currently i’m using DVDFab Platinum 4.1.0.2.
I’m create DVD folder in my HD(7.9GB).May i know how can i set the DL break position using DVDFab Platinum…? or DVDFab Platinum will re-calculate the suitable position to break in…? thanks.[/QUOTE]

DVDFab Platinum will re-calculate the suitable position :smiley: you don’t have to bother with it :cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2023674]DVDFab Platinum will re-calculate the suitable position :smiley: you don’t have to bother with it :cool:[/QUOTE]

thanks for you reply…:iagree: 1 more question,do i need any special setting like check/uncheck Remove layer break position,burning engine…etc ? thanks again;)

[QUOTE=Bashin;2023729]thanks for you reply…:iagree: 1 more question,do i need any special setting like check/uncheck Remove layer break position,burning engine…etc ? thanks again;)[/QUOTE]

Got your PM hope this helps you
Most common settings used by DVDFab members are
[B]Read Settings[/B]
[B]I/O Mode[/B]–>“Auto”
[B]Reading error control[/B]–>“Ignore all read errors automatically”
[B]Cache control[/B]–>“Enable read ahead cache” Checked

[B]Write Settings[/B]
[B]Write speed[/B]–>8x
[B]Write type of DVD-R Media[/B]–>SAO writing
[B]Set booktype to DVD-Rom[/B]–>Checked

[QUOTE=Bashin;2023729]thanks for you reply…:iagree: 1 more question,do i need any special setting like check/uncheck Remove layer break position,burning engine…etc ? thanks again;)[/QUOTE]

personally i dont do DL burns. but you would need to remove layer break to make a new one. if you plan on doing a lot of dual layer back ups. you should check out ImgBurn. great free burning program. i do know that the layer break positions calculated by VSO and ImgBurn are different.

only Verbatim DL media is recommended. :slight_smile:

official homepage - imgburn.com

cdfreaks imgburn forum - club.cdfreaks.com/f153/

which dvd to dvd mode do you plan on using?

I have burned a few DL’s in the past. I have used VSO and ImgBurn burning engines with Fab Plat.

Both do a great job. I have no idea if Fab creates a layer break file (.MDS) like ImgBurn or not.

In Fab Plat settings if you put a check to remove layer break, that is only for single layer discs. That has nothing to do with it when using Clone mode.

Now if you try ImgBurn to read and write a DL you will need to use something to get rid of the copy protection if the disc is copy protected.

:doh: yep Bobs right

Remove layer break
Check this box if you are compressing a DVD-9 size content to fit on a DVD-5 blank disc in Main Movie, Full Disc, Customize or Merge. Clone mode will ignore this setting and preserve the original layer break.

and of course use dvdfab for the ripping first. then imgburn for the burning. :bigsmile:

thanks for you all !!! :bow: :flower:
Actually the movie convert from blu-ray to mkv,and convert from mkv to dvd by using VSO…so i think the dvd file is without original layer break position:bigsmile: … and i’m using Verbatim DVD+R DL all the time:)

so now you have a dvd compliant video_ts folder. id still use imgburn to burn it. :iagree: just open imgburn in build mode and navigate to the folder. :slight_smile:

unless you are wanting to re-author the dvd. :disagree:

p.s. imgburn will automatically create the audio_ts folder by default. :slight_smile:

edit// mkv to dvd by using VSO… is this VSO convertXtodvd? if so you can burn from there.