How to send us correct info files for DVD and Blu-ray?

Hi,

If you encouter problem to copy a DVD or Blu-ray, please send us the info files, so that we can check the problem.

A recommended way is listed below:

1. Insert original disc into DVD/Blu-ray drive, run DVDFab to open it.

NOTE: even if DVDFab fails to open the disc, you can go to step 2.

1. Open “Settings -> Info” window, choose the correct DVD/Blu-ray drive, click “Save Info Files” button.

2. ZIP the info files on hard disk folder to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.

3. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Fangtao, I followed ur instructions to the letter on sending you my IFO files (plus a screenshot of an error massage) but it will not send! It keeps coming back: postmaster - delivery could not be completed. Do u have a crapload of traffic? should I try another email besides hotmail. Everything I try blows up in my face. THE GODS ARE ALIGNED AGAINST ME!!!:a

[QUOTE=fengtao;1887290]Hi,

If you encouter problem to copy a DVD, please send us the IFO files, so that we can check the problem.

1. Insert original disc into DVD drive, run DVDFab to open it.

2. Open “Settings -> Info” window, choose the correct DVD drive, click “Save IFO Files” button.

3. ZIP the IFO files on hard disk folder to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.

4. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]
I have been having problems with a dvd set and your staff keeps asking me to send an IFO but the problem is your software will not read either of the discs! The open DVD source loops and keeps trying to read the dvd with no luck. If you hit cancel button your software locks up. The DVD set is Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 6 disc 1 and 2. I have tried this on 7 machines with clean install of your software and can duplicate it on all 7 machines! It seems like a new sort of copy protection your software will not break. But I can use an older program called DVD Decrypt and create an ISO file and I then try to import it into your software with the same results. I have all dvd drives with current firmware updated and I am using your most current version. Yes I did a clean install on several of the machines so its not going to do any good uninstalling your program and then reinstalling it. It was very frustrating dealing with your staff on this issue as they kept asking for that file but they couldn’t get the grasp that reading dvd source step could not be complete to get to create that file!

[QUOTE=burgman;2015265]I have been having problems with a dvd set and your staff keeps asking me to send an IFO but the problem is your software will not read either of the discs!..[/QUOTE]

Hi burgman,
Sorry for your trouble…I’m just a cdf member and not a rep for Fab.
Anyway, you don’t need Fab to open the disc.
You can simply navigate to the disc with windows explorer or if you prefer some detail, recommend
IsoBuster
It’s a little gem of a utility.

There are both free and shareware versions.
For the freeware version, after you install, simply click the [B]Free Functionality [/B]button

Hope this helps

[QUOTE=fengtao;1887290]Hi,

If you encouter problem to copy a DVD, please send us the IFO files, so that we can check the problem.

1. Insert original disc into DVD drive, run DVDFab to open it.

2. Open “Settings -> Info” window, choose the correct DVD drive, click “Save IFO Files” button.

3. ZIP the IFO files on hard disk folder to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.

4. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

i converted DVD+VR cprm disc with ConvertXtoDVD 3 from ifo file

i sent ifo files after burned disc with ConvertXtoDVD 3 of TV recording did not get reconised on dvd drive.

alcohol 120% was able to copy the burned disc with ConvertXtoDVD 3

I have the same problem. DVDFab HD Decrypter can’t read the disc, and I don’t use Outlook or Outlook Express. I went to “Settings” and “Info”, and no go.

Do we need to disable PathPlayer first? Do we need to use the original DVDFab to do this? When I tried to disable PathPlayer and save the IFOs again, it only saved an info.txt file with:

“Info for drive [D:] (DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.1.2.0)
Drive region: 1
Disc is not opened.”

Can we just copy the individual IFOs in Windows Explorer and attach to an email, like maineman suggets?

Yes, you can. Send them to a compressed folder if you can see them with Explorer and attach the folder to an email.

[quote=elenaluz;2034236]I have the same problem. DVDFab HD Decrypter can’t read the disc, and I don’t use Outlook or Outlook Express. I went to “Settings” and “Info”, and no go.

Do we need to disable PathPlayer first? Do we need to use the original DVDFab to do this? When I tried to disable PathPlayer and save the IFOs again, it only saved an info.txt file with:

“Info for drive [D:] (DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.1.2.0)
Drive region: 1
Disc is not opened.”

Can we just copy the individual IFOs in Windows Explorer and attach to an email, like maineman suggets?[/quote]

UPDATE: You can now just click the SEND IFO FILES button on the Info page. No email is required.

windows explorer method (or the IsoBuster method for that matter…I’m guessing???), all the DVDs I’ve seen always have more than 1 .IFO files…so my question is: do I send ALL of the files WITH .IFO extensions??? or certain ones ONLY with the .IFO extension???

thanks very much!!

P.S. my problem is with http://imdb.com/title/tt0243255/dvd (Catherine Breillat’s Fat Girl Criterion Collection DL DVD-9)…for this disc, I tri[B]ed so so so many methods & equipment & many times over but still unsuccessful…so please help please[/B]

If you use the Send IFO files button it will do it automatically. If DVDFab is not opening the disc correctly, you will need to copy all the files with an IFO suffix to a compressed folder and attach it to an email using the address Fengtao gave.

I used DVDFab and it stopped in the middle of copying a dvd. Now I can’t see my dvd drive. This happened before and I didn’t know that it was because of dvdfab. I did the code 39 fix and removed the upper and lower filters in the registry and the drive showed up again. Now it has disappeared again and I have no idea how to fix this problem. Do you have a solution to this problem.

I sent the files last night. what is the next step?? wait for email from fengtao and company??

If you reported the problem in a thread in the forum and included a link to that, they sometimes respond there, otherwise, wait for a return email.

Thanks done

Jeff

[QUOTE=signals;2255332]If you use the Send IFO files button it will do it automatically. If DVDFab is not opening the disc correctly, you will need to copy all the files with an IFO suffix to a compressed folder and attach it to an email using the address Fengtao gave.[/QUOTE]

Can someone help a moron do this? :confused:

[QUOTE=moron;2440679]Can someone help a moron do this? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi moron

Is DVDFab able to open the problematic DVD ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2440715]Hi moron

Is DVDFab able to open the problematic DVD ?[/QUOTE]

No. By the way it is a Disney movie, The Hannah Montana movie, if that helps.

[QUOTE=moron;2440778]No. By the way it is a Disney movie, The Hannah Montana movie, if that helps.[/QUOTE]

in post number 1 start with step 2

Will I get a reply? It’s been a few days.

[QUOTE=moron;2442084]Will I get a reply? It’s been a few days.[/QUOTE]

When you send the info about the ifo files you are not sent any reply back they just start working on the problem :slight_smile: