How to scan PIE and PIF at once with PlexTools Pro XL?

vbimport

How to scan PIE and PIF at once with PlexTools Pro XL? I’ve just installed it hoping to test that feature.

Not possible.

Thanks, DieseI.

You probably meant to do it in 1 pass. That is not possible. All you can do with the $ version is making it do them one after the other, without having to interact in the meantime

But it is possible with your PxScan/PxView and with Nero CD-DVD Speed (the never-been-and-never-will-be-released version), am I correct?

Nope. Not with Plextor drives

I see. So it is the drive’s limitation not the software’s.

I read this post by ErikDeppe and thought he was saying that his internal version that supported Plextor drives could do PIE and PIF scanning at once.

This post doesn’t say that it could actually perform the scan in 1 pass, and from all I have seen I would indeed say it is a firmware limitation

No, not directly. But it implied that it could be done with some modification to PlexTools. Thus, I presumed that it was already possible with CD-DVD Speed (I’ll ask Erik).

But it implied that it could be done with some modification to PlexTools.
I really don’t see how. Showing the results at the same time doesn’t mean that PIE and PIF errors could be scanned for in the same pass