How to safely remove DirectCD?

Hi All
Please can anyone tell me how to completely remove Direct Cd from my computer.I am running Win 98 so I cannot do a system restore.This software came bundled with my new external cdrw so I installed it (bad move).Since then it has caused me a lot of problems.I thought about deleting it from the registry but I’m not sure if that would cause even more probs.Can anyone help please?
Thanx :confused:

My suggestion: use RegCleaner for removing the software.

Regedit + CTRL-F (search function) will also give good results when cleaning up the registry.

Btw, cleaning up the registry is usually a good idea… of course, before you go messing with the rgistry you need to be quite sure you know what you are doing, otherwise you might completely screw up the system.

Oh, and one more thing: before you make any alterations in the registry make a registry backup (restorepoint), so that if you experience any problems you can always restore the registry to it’s previous (working) state.

Originally posted by Bad Sector@hv

before you go messing with the rgistry you need to be quite sure you know what you are doing, otherwise you might completely screw up the system.

Options > Registery Cleanup > Backups > check Create only one backup file.
Restore Backup if anything’s wrong :wink: