How to rip Dark Side of the Moon without gaps of clicks

vbimport

Hi

I’m new here so please bear with me. I’m trying to rip Dark Side of the Moon to my mp3 player (Sony) so that it flows like the album but I either end up with gaps, which if I take them out when burning, I get an audible sort of ‘click’ as it moves from one track to another. Absolutley ruins the pleasure of listening to it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Does your player support gapless playback? if you rip it right, I.E. with EAC+LAME like I ripped mine, you shouldn’t have any gaps. But it really depends on the MP3 player.

The short answer is you can’t, at least not to MP3. That’s because MP3 will pad the last block out with silence. If your Sony doesn’t support gapless playback, does it support any lossless formats? Most of those aren’t limited by block boundaries.

You could use an editor like Audacity to make one single track from this…but it would be a really long track of course!

I agree with deanimator the best way would be to make one large single track.

Welcome to MyCE! :flower:

[QUOTE=mollers;2469418]I’m trying to rip Dark Side of the Moon to my mp3 player (Sony) so that it flows like the album but I either end up with gaps, which if I take them out when burning, I get an audible sort of ‘click’ as it moves from one track to another. Absolutley ruins the pleasure of listening to it.[/QUOTE]

What are you using to rip with (drive and software)?