How to rip a film off a copied dvd so i can then burn it to a blank disc?

Hello,
I am trying to rip a film off a copied dvd so i can then burn it to a blank disc. how do i do this?
thanks

Welcome to the forum, what software do you have? Can I recommend DVDFab for you? :wink:

[quote=tony.willson;1943502]Hello,
I am trying to rip a film off a copied dvd so i can then burn it to a blank disc. how do i do this?
thanks[/quote]
First you need to have a DVDRW drive in your computer and then you can look through all the software we have have forums for and make up your mind which one seems right for you. If there are any question please feel free to ask. Most of these programs have a free trial, please take advantage of this before you decide on one.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/

If it’s a copy of a copy you want, use ImgBurn in read mode then write mode. Copies generally have the protections removed already, so no need to rip.

Bump bump…and please don’t shoot me for bumping this ole thread.

Since you guys were talking about ripping films and burning to discs, I was wondering if you guys also got any idea if it would be possible to rip or copy films from lovefilm.com so I could burn some lovefilm films to dvds?

Nothing fishy in mind of course, I’d just need to copy a couple of films from lovefilm and get them on dvds for some on road watching or anything like this.

Any ideas on what I can use for the job?

Lovefilm.com seems to be a UK rental company, with services similar to Netflix here in the US, in that they offer films through mail and through streaming. Unfortunately for you, we do not lend support to anyone copying movies that they rent. You must own the physical disk, or have a legitimate download where you purchase the film rather than simply rent the movie temporarily.

There are some services where you can purchase downloaded films, CinemaNow.com is an example, but most streaming sites do not allow permanent ownership of their movies.

Our guidelines to copyright protected material spell this out: http://club.myce.com/f34/guidelines-copyright-protected-material-316049/

Bummer then, I guess.

It would have been interesting to find a solution to let me copy and save lovefilm streaming films, just needed to copy and burn a couple of streaming films from lovefilm on dvds so I could take them with me on some trip I am planing to take.

Don’t trust myself to take the lovefilm dvd rentals; I figured it would be a good way out of this to download some Lovefilm films to take them with me and get rid of them as soon as I watched them.

If you are an customer of their services you should respect the rules you have agreed to, that includes not saving streamed content…because that would be illegal.

Didn’t tell you this and never actually tried to copy films from Lovefilm cause I can’t use it, but I think Edited by Moderator should be able to do it.

Idk, if you still wanna go on to record Lovefilm streaming and transfer to dvds suppose it’s gonna get things done.

Skipper, did you not read my response earlier? Or our guidelines for copyright protected material? We cannot advise people on how to copy rented movies in these forums.

I am therefore editing out your reply.